Am I infected?

anon129

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I use 3 browsers Chrome, firefox, internet explore and I noticed that when I high light a word then right click to search google went to "search conduit". Then I realized that all my browsers home page is http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT3220468 I did malwarebytes scan and came up with nothing and MSE scan also came up with nothing. I use zone alarm as my firewall

I changed chromes setting back to search google and all seems good, but am I infected?

G

Every browser has this option to disable add-ons like those 3rd party tool bars, plug-ins etc. Do a bit of research and disable ( from browsers itself) on uninstall (from control panel> progams and features.. if u have separate options)

rdc85

Honorable
It not much an malware, it more likely adsware/bloatware that came with some apps...

As ajaxmaru u will need to uninstall it from program and feature, and u will also need to resetting your browser configuration....

edit: they are legal when u select agree to install them so they not considered malware/virus ......

G

i never said that those are malwares "rdc85". They come with the software installation as extras with some tricky yes to install or not choices.
About resetting your browser configuration, is it necessary?. This may end up with all other plug-ins extras messed up (may be user is using those). Am not sure what r u talking about.
Here how it is done in IE 9 If it exist in the mamage add-ons option list

Setting> manage add-ons.

In opera type opera:plugins in address bar. There u get the whole list

And about removing from control panel, have already stated that in my last post above post

TRENDING THREADS