Early Springdale Benchmarks

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chipsets/display/springdale.html" target="_new">http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chipsets/display/springdale.html</A>
intel gave them an early motherboard with the 865 chipset, and they used an engineering sample 2.8 @ 14x200 to get theoretical results
take a look

<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=120&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide</A>
<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=145&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide 2</A>

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
does no one care? lol

<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=120&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide</A>
<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=145&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide 2</A>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I care. :smile: Thanks for the link. The benchmarks are impressive. Personally, I am more interested in Canterwood, but Springdale is certainly no flop! The move to 800 mhz FSB significantly improves memory bandwidth and provides about a 30% reduction in latency. The sysmark scores and other benchmarks were an improvement, like 7-12%, though not quite as much as I'd hoped we'd see. Perhaps 533FSB was the point of diminishing returns for P4? It is an improvement, though, and it's obvious that i865 and i875 will be the fastest things going for P4 once they're released. I just wish there had been a few more benchmarks, like 3DMark and maybe a couple of cpu-intensive games, like Quake 3 and Jedi Knight.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/13/03 12:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Although I may wait a while, I think I'll wait for the SiS 659 chipset with four channel RDRAM and a theoretical 9.6GB/sec bandwidth. *Drools*

<font color=blue>I'm an AllTurd Beast!</font color=blue>

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I'm sure by the time it comes out it will be running a true FSB of 200. PC1333 RDRAM will also be available and if they get the memory modules to run stable at 667MHz it should blow away Canterwood. But price may be an issue. I guess we'll see.

<font color=blue>I'm an AllTurd Beast!</font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
easy intel validation for internal timing on DDR 400 is at 433 and 333 mean high lantency at internal also DDR-2 run at cas 5 and have a very bad lantency even with all the disaventage RDRAM will have way less lantency a much better adresa bus a 10 time faster turnaround bus and a much better badnwith effectiveness also it ready up to 1333 mghz FSB.

But Canterwood is a Super ultra memory controleur so.

PC 1066 price can be found at 80$ in USA.I repeat DONT buy PC 1200.

[-peep-] french

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Personally, I am more interested in Canterwood
Me too. If my next system is a P4, it'll be with Canterwood. Still, it was a cool review.

<font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Indeed, given the absurd delays from AMD, I´ll be upgrading my p3 933mhz to a Prescott on Canterwood by the end of the year... I´ve personally lost all interest in A64. Right now, x86-64 looks like all hype to me. And these numbers for springdale look very good... And canterwood is a beefed up version... :cool:

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Hey, what are you complaining about? I´m stuck with a CUV4X, P3 933Mhz! :smile: I envy you!

It´s just that I don´t have that much money for upgrades... But when I do upgrade, I think I´ll go all the way!!

wurrmm

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
I agree, I have been waiting for 400mhz FSB Bartons but it seems that by the time thos come out, the Canterwood will be here and that will upgradeable to prescott!! Looks like AMD is about to lose a loyal customer.

One mans throw-away is another mans god-box. Help friends in need, I always do!!
Then again, having extra parts are great for making dedicated servers for LAN parties!!!!

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
<<It´s just that I don´t have that much money for upgrades... But when I do upgrade, I think I´ll go all the way!!>>

Yes... upgrading is good. But my philosophy is NOT to upgrade one shot deal with heaps of cash. You save continuously and spend regularly upgrading your components .. maybe once or twice a year... that way in the long run you spend the same as a one time huge computer purchase... BUT your comp is always up to date is some particular area... I've been doing this successfully for a while... Granite bay was my most recent upgrade... prior to this was my graphics card which I upped up in August.. Come July I may get a Raptor drive... ;) and so on...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

eden

Champion
Hell no, Athlon 500MHZ was a powerhouse back then vs the PIII IPC, so he's really not more than 50% faster!

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Actually, I have to agree with Eden. My P3 933Mhz probably isn´t <i>that</i> much faster than the 500Mhz Athlon. AMD had quite an edge over Intel, starting at about that time, and Willamette was put into a very bad light by AMD. Then came Northwood and 533Mhz, and AMD lost its edge (at least the huge edge it had before!). Right now, with Canterwood and 800Mhz, i´d say they´ll definitely be eating smoke for a while, at least until A64 comes out. And even then... well... It´s hard to say.

Wow I didn't know that I had such a great chip. NOW!!!!! I'll have to find another one just as good. Maybe its time to go to 1000 Mhz Athlon. You guys know where I can buy one Real cheap.