Dell Support running in the background??

I just had a Dell Support message pop up out of the blue while surfing the
web, it was about a setting on my outlook express and attachments.. I did
even have Outlook Express open and a password is needed to get into it
anyway.. Is Dell Support is running in the background along with my AV,
Firewall and MS AntiSpyware??

Mine's not but I UNchecked it the first day I had the new computer up and
running. I'm not sure where it is on your computer (I rearrange my
folders/shortcuts) but in the Dell Support Settings dialog box, you'll find
a setting for "Run on Window's Startup". Also, if you haven't done it yet,
go to Start/Run/ and type in msconfig. Go to the Start Tab. You'll find
all kinds of goodies there that are running in the background. Uncheck all
that you can. Here is a link that can help you determine what you do and
don't need to have checked to startup.
Monica

"Monica" <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> Mine's not but I UNchecked it the first day I had the new computer up and
> running. I'm not sure where it is on your computer (I rearrange my
> folders/shortcuts) but in the Dell Support Settings dialog box, you'll
find
> a setting for "Run on Window's Startup". Also, if you haven't done it
yet,
> go to Start/Run/ and type in msconfig. Go to the Start Tab. You'll find
> all kinds of goodies there that are running in the background. Uncheck
all
> that you can. Here is a link that can help you determine what you do and
> don't need to have checked to startup.
> http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
> Monica

Nice site. Thanks.

Me too - I can never figure out what all that stuff is.

Carol

Carol and Allen Bredt wrote:
> Me too - I can never figure out what all that stuff is.
>
> Carol

For even the most obscure apps, I find just searching the executable's
name in google will give you the process information. If it's a common
windows file a site called WinTask Process Library will have it listed
(they're selling some product I've never used, but their sites a good
reference). If it's something suspcious usually the HijackThis! message
bioards by computer/castle cops have it listed.