Sign in with
Your question

New phone advice

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
August 27, 2012 1:34:32 AM

hey guys
i am going to buy new android phone , i can not choose between samsung s advance and xperia sola and so confused ( i do not care much about the battery in both phones or the ics upgrade or the front cam ) so apart from this which one u would recommend to me

More about : phone advice

August 27, 2012 6:10:17 AM

I'd recommend the Samsung advance. It is sized well and has expansion memory. Also,Samsung support cyanogenmod,meaning,you can set back your phone to stock and take it in for warranty. Rooting a sony voids warranty.
August 27, 2012 3:26:55 PM

I'd recommend samsung.
Related resources
August 27, 2012 7:39:24 PM

allanitomwesh said:
I'd recommend the Samsung advance. It is sized well and has expansion memory. Also,Samsung support cyanogenmod,meaning,you can set back your phone to stock and take it in for warranty. Rooting a sony voids warranty.

in my country i do not care much about the warranty unless there is a manufacturing problem in the phone , the price difference between both in my country nearly 50 dollars more for the samsung phone
tonybosell : i think both phones have the same processor http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4408&idPh...
one more point i care much about the sound quality while playing music and also the cam
August 28, 2012 6:23:06 PM

you want that memory if you're playing music. Go with the Samsung.
August 28, 2012 7:47:45 PM

allanitomwesh said:
you want that memory if you're playing music. Go with the Samsung.

MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB microSD, up to 32GB, (sony)
Internal 8 GB (5 GB user available), 512 MB RAM 8/16 GB storage, 768 MB RAM, 2 GB ROM (samsung)
both have memory expansion
August 29, 2012 2:21:42 AM

Oh yeah, there's no reason not to buy the Sony then. (most of the new xperia's have fixed memory,my bad)It is cheaper,right? The difference in RAM isn't double so you won't miss anything. I still prefer the Samsung, but there's no reason to get it if it costs more.
August 29, 2012 11:59:39 AM

islamthebest2000 said:
hey guys
i am going to buy new android phone , i can not choose between samsung s advance and xperia sola and so confused ( i do not care much about the battery in both phones or the ics upgrade or the front cam ) so apart from this which one u would recommend to me

I prefer Samsung Galaxy S3.
September 3, 2012 6:23:53 AM

^That's a very expensive phone. Totally out of budget.
September 16, 2012 11:56:03 PM

samsung s2 or s3 are pretty expensive i found 2 more phones samsung galaxy ace 2 and sony xperia neo l
September 17, 2012 3:16:52 AM

Ace 2 is very good. Neo V isn't, it's aged. I still think you'd be better off with a galaxy s advance,I also like the xperia ray.
September 17, 2012 11:22:58 AM

allanitomwesh said:
Ace 2 is very good. Neo V isn't, it's aged. I still think you'd be better off with a galaxy s advance,I also like the xperia ray.

xperia neo l not the neo v old one
September 17, 2012 12:20:03 PM

Nothing's changed in the specs,there's still better phones. The sola I am okay with. Seems good. The midrange phone is always the best by Sony. Look at the ray and before that the W850.
Also,the new huawei phones are stellar, look at some.
September 18, 2012 11:06:18 AM

I have a Sony Smartphone (although not that model) and so far I am very happy with it. I'm not saying that Samsung is worse, I'm just saying that Sony is a brand u can rely on.
September 18, 2012 2:09:20 PM

i think sony makes the best looking phones , i looked at the sola camera i didn't like also the front cam thing and built in battery disappointed me
anyways thanks guys for ur replies
September 18, 2012 8:22:48 PM

Sure thing,I take it you're getting the Samsung?
September 22, 2012 11:32:24 AM

allanitomwesh said:
Sure thing,I take it you're getting the Samsung?

I am waiting for the galaxy ace 2 to be available in a local shop and then i will choose (the bad thing is samsung they only update and support the high-end phones )
September 22, 2012 2:38:36 PM

I've seen it, it looks weird. Personal opinion. What about the Atrix 2?
September 24, 2012 6:54:42 AM

I would recommend, The Sony Ericsson Xperia Sola phone optimized performance with android V2.3 OS running on a dual-core processor that has fast speed of 1GHz. It is very cheapest 3G smartphone.
!