I cannot upgrade to Windows XP Professional.

August 10, 2005 1:26:03 AM

I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original or
SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP. How
can I fix this?

--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
|>upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original or
|>SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP. How
|>can I fix this?

Maybe slipstream XP Pro and SP2, then upgrade with the new CD.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slip...

--
August 10, 2005 1:48:03 AM

Do a Google search for a program called AutoStreamer version 1.0.3.3 - it
will make it easier to do the slipstreaming.

"CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
> upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original
> or
> SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP.
> How
> can I fix this?
>

> --
> Microsoft Beta Tester
> Member since 2005
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:01:03 AM

Ok. Thanks guys, this really helps a lot!
--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

!