I cannot upgrade to Windows XP Professional.

I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original or
SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP. How
can I fix this?

--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

    "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
    |>upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original or
    |>SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP. How
    |>can I fix this?

    Maybe slipstream XP Pro and SP2, then upgrade with the new CD.
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

    Do a Google search for a program called AutoStreamer version 1.0.3.3 - it
    will make it easier to do the slipstreaming.

    "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
    > upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original
    > or
    > SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP.
    > How
    > can I fix this?
    >

    > --
    > Microsoft Beta Tester
    > Member since 2005

    Ok. Thanks guys, this really helps a lot!
    --
    Microsoft Beta Tester
    Member since 2005

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Do a Google search for a program called AutoStreamer version 1.0.3.3 - it
    > will make it easier to do the slipstreaming.
    >
    > "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I want to
    > > upgrade it to Professional with a Win XP Pro disc I have(might be original
    > > or
    > > SP1) but it tells me that I am trying to install a older version of XP.
    > > How
    > > can I fix this?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Microsoft Beta Tester