Copying a CD

August 10, 2005 7:21:55 PM

I was wondering if its possible to copy a cd (music) on to the hard drive,
and then selecting certain songs to burn one copy on a disc to play in the
car. When I created a folder to put the cd in - I thought I copied them
over, but the folder was empty.

Can anyone help please
Judy

More about : copying

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:21:56 PM

What you are wanting to do is to "rip" tracks from the cds. Look at CD
Burner XPPro from http://www.cdburnerxp.se/features.php . This will
allow you to "rip" the tracks then burn the cd.
PS it's free.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:21:56 PM

What software do you have for burning cd's? Quite often when you opt to burn
a music cd when they ask what is the source it will let you pick multiple
cd's. So you can insert the first music cd and pick song 7 then another cd
and pick song 2 and so on. When you go to actually burn the cd onto a blank
it will tell you to insert the first cd, then it will read song 7 then it
will ask for the next cd and so on. Once it has read from all the source
cd's you have chosen then it will burn it onto your blank. So check your
software, you may not even have to burn it to the hard drive by yourself it
may do all this for you.

"Judy L" <Judy@home> wrote in message
>I was wondering if its possible to copy a cd (music) on to the hard drive,
>and then selecting certain songs to burn one copy on a disc to play in the
>car. When I created a folder to put the cd in - I thought I copied them
>over, but the folder was empty.
>
> Can anyone help please
> Judy

August 10, 2005 7:21:56 PM

Nero should allow you to do what you want to do. What version of Nero
do you have?

The Nero support site http://www.nero.com/eng/Support.html have a large
number of FAQs that will probably give you all the information you need.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:21:56 PM

Have a look in the Tutorials (Previous versions) Nero Burning ROM 5
section (tutorial 7).
Also you can get an up grade to 5.5.10.56 from
http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-up_vor.php if you want it.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:46:41 PM

Ok thanks for that - I'll give it a try and report back later.

"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What you are wanting to do is to "rip" tracks from the cds. Look at CD
> Burner XPPro from http://www.cdburnerxp.se/features.php . This will
> allow you to "rip" the tracks then burn the cd.
> PS it's free.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:47:53 PM

Nero is all I have here. Not sure if Windows Media will let me do it.

Thanks, I'll try anyway.

"Jack Handey" <nothere@overthere.com> wrote in message
> What software do you have for burning cd's? Quite often when you opt to
> burn a music cd when they ask what is the source it will let you pick
> multiple cd's. So you can insert the first music cd and pick song 7 then
> another cd and pick song 2 and so on. When you go to actually burn the cd
> onto a blank it will tell you to insert the first cd, then it will read
> song 7 then it will ask for the next cd and so on. Once it has read from
> all the source cd's you have chosen then it will burn it onto your blank.
> So check your software, you may not even have to burn it to the hard drive
> by yourself it may do all this for you.
>

> "Judy L" <Judy@home> wrote in message
>>I was wondering if its possible to copy a cd (music) on to the hard drive,
>>and then selecting certain songs to burn one copy on a disc to play in the
>>car. When I created a folder to put the cd in - I thought I copied them
>>over, but the folder was empty.
>>
>> Can anyone help please
>> Judy

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:58:02 PM

I have v.5.5.10.9 bundled ???
Thanks, will go into that site

> Nero should allow you to do what you want to do. What version of Nero
> do you have?
>
> The Nero support site http://www.nero.com/eng/Support.html have a large
> number of FAQs that will probably give you all the information you need.

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:25:54 AM

Uhmmm - I only have one CD drive - could that be a problem?

"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nero should allow you to do what you want to do. What version of Nero
> do you have?
>
> The Nero support site http://www.nero.com/eng/Support.html have a large
> number of FAQs that will probably give you all the information you need.

August 11, 2005 12:25:55 AM

> Uhmmm - I only have one CD drive - could that be a problem?

Please do not remove the "Re:" when replying to a post - otherwise people
may think it's a new thread.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:20:33 AM

No, Nero will save the CD copy as ISO or similar to your hard drive. This
an image. Then Nero will use this as a template for burning another CD.
You won't see it using the CD copy option in Nero. But this is what's
happening in the background.

Use the CD copy option, not audio CD burning, in Nero. Some music CDs have
extensive copy protection, and may not be broken by Nero. In that case,
some more extensive preparation is involved, which I'm not prepared to
answer due to the legalities.

"Judy L" <Judy@home> wrote in message
> Uhmmm - I only have one CD drive - could that be a problem?

> "GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Nero should allow you to do what you want to do. What version of Nero
> > do you have?
> >
> > The Nero support site http://www.nero.com/eng/Support.html have a large
> > number of FAQs that will probably give you all the information you need.

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 11:22:11 AM

Yes, you can rip Music of the CD on to your hard disk as mp3 using Media
Player 10. If you rip in mp3 format rip at 320kbs to get a better quality.
Better still if you can rip as wav, you'll get high fidelity sound since you
want to copy back to CD. With WMP10 put a CD in your drive and then select
the Rip tab, in Tools|Options set the rip parameters, if you use WMP that
is.

With Nero, create a music CD, select and drag-drop the songs you want to the
new compilation, and that will burn (and convert) your selected music as CDA
format onto you CD.

- Winux P

"Judy L" <Judy@home> wrote in message
>I was wondering if its possible to copy a cd (music) on to the hard drive,
>and then selecting certain songs to burn one copy on a disc to play in the
>car. When I created a folder to put the cd in - I thought I copied them
>over, but the folder was empty.
>
> Can anyone help please
> Judy

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:12:57 AM

Im still working on this - will get back to you later
Thanks.

!