I5 computers how many logical processors do they have

Hello,
I PUT MY I5 LAPTOP THROUGH BENCHMARK TEST AND IT STATED THERE IS 4 LOGICAL PROCESSORS USED IS THIS OK?
And i checked the speed of those processors and they were all vastly different in their speed is that ok?
10 answers Last reply
More about computers logical processors have
  1. can you tell me if all 4 processors should run at similar speed as mine are vastly different to each other
  2. should all 4 cores on my i5 run at similar speeds as mine are vastly different?
  3. All multi-core CPU's run at different speeds depending on which core is being used for which process. As I am typing this, my Core i3 2100 has 12% utilization on core 1 and 3% on core 3.

Post your speeds and what progrmas you are running at the time.
  4. Not all i5 CPU's are Quad Core, some are Dual Core. Yours is clearly 4 core (quad core), so 4 logical cores. Not sure aboutm your core speeds, my Core i3 2100 runs at stock 3.1GHz but my CPU utlization is different on each core depending on what I'm doing, as I type my CPU utilization is 12% on Core 1 and 4% on core 2. They should run at differnet speeds depending on wat application/program they are running, I think.
  5. Im sorry bud but that makes no sense.

Wanna try again?
  6. If you are talking about a quad core CPU, yes all 4 are the same speeds, but will not run at those speeds all the time if you are looking at current speeds instead of what the specs for the CPU are.
  7. Why post 3 times for the same thing? Just edit one post if you have something to add.
  8. hang-the-9 said:
    Why post 3 times for the same thing? Just edit one post if you have something to add.

WTF??? I did only post once, hence only one post is show from me!!!
  9. JRock247 said:
    WTF??? I did only post once, hence only one post is show from me!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56123-2-core-question

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56122-2-jolby

and this one.

All pretty much the same thing.

I don't mean post this exact one 3 times, you created 3 different posts for the same thing just worded differently.
  10. This next topics has been merged by Pyree
    Jolby
    Core question
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Laptops Computers Benchmark Processors Intel i5