Dell E770s series monitors

Hello all,

I came across a customer of mine who was about to toss a Dell Dimension 866
system in favor of a new P4 system. They gave it to me and I brought it
back to my office to restore and when I plugged in the E770s monitor, I was
STUNNED at the quality and sharpness of this monitor. Stunned isn't the
word. I thoroughly enjoy the quality of that monitor so much I'm looking at
finding anymore in the E770s series family.

My question to everyone here is, who made the actual monitor? Sony? Also
what were the model numbers for the 17" and 19" series of those monitors?
Even if used these are REMARKABLE monitors and i want to try to find more.

Bradley

"B. Walker" <bawalkerREMOVE@THISmodemnet.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I came across a customer of mine who was about to toss a Dell Dimension
> 866 system in favor of a new P4 system. They gave it to me and I brought
> it back to my office to restore and when I plugged in the E770s monitor, I
> was STUNNED at the quality and sharpness of this monitor. Stunned isn't
> the word. I thoroughly enjoy the quality of that monitor so much I'm
> looking at finding anymore in the E770s series family.
>
> My question to everyone here is, who made the actual monitor? Sony? Also
> what were the model numbers for the 17" and 19" series of those monitors?
> Even if used these are REMARKABLE monitors and i want to try to find more.
>
> Bradley

Bradley -

If I'm not mistaken, that monitor (of which I still have two; one just for
testing) is a Samsung monitor. At the time they were produced, they were
the 'vanilla ice cream' choice of Dell's monitor line; the preferred
top-of-the-line having been the Sony Trinitron P780.....

I'm almost positive it is a Samsung, and they're still widely available
used.

hth

Stew

What was the model # for the 19" series? The 17" is nice but I figure I
might as well step up for some gaming.

> What was the model # for the 19" series? The 17" is nice but I figure I
> might as well step up for some gaming.

Not sure if Samsung made the 19" M990 or not. It was the mainstream
(rounded screen) CRT in that general time line. The P991 19" was the
Trinitron upgrade to it.

You might google 'Dell M990 19' and see what you can come up with, as well
as any newer or current Samsung 19" CRTs...

Stew

Thanks for the info. Do you know what the model numbers were for the 17"
and 19" series monitors after Dell started using the black colored monitors?

> "B. Walker" <bawalkerREMOVE@THISmodemnet.net> wrote in message
>> What was the model # for the 19" series? The 17" is nice but I figure I
>> might as well step up for some gaming.
>>

> Not sure if Samsung made the 19" M990 or not. It was the mainstream
> (rounded screen) CRT in that general time line. The P991 19" was the
> Trinitron upgrade to it.
>
> You might google 'Dell M990 19' and see what you can come up with, as well
> as any newer or current Samsung 19" CRTs...
>

> Stew

From the Dell monitors I've handled, I have to say that there is some overlap
period during which both beige and black monitors carried the same model
numbers, just different colored skins. The Dell 17" P780 was manufactured in
both black and beige. I don't have more specifics at hand, however.

The P1130 is a drop-dead gorgeous 21" flat screen black monitor... Ben Myers

> From the Dell monitors I've handled, I have to say that there is some
> overlap
> period during which both beige and black monitors carried the same model
> numbers, just different colored skins. The Dell 17" P780 was manufactured
> in
> both black and beige. I don't have more specifics at hand, however.
>
> The P1130 is a drop-dead gorgeous 21" flat screen black monitor... Ben
> Myers

I agree, Ben. The P1110 and 1130 21" model Sonys were very very nice.

I also ran across a reference to a 19" (non-Trinitron) P990 monitor.

For the OP, generally, the "M" or "E" series monitors were the lower dollar
models and the "P" series were almost always (wire aperture grille)
Trinitrons in my recollection.

I have no idea about the model road map now - too many products come and go.
The OP might try referencing this, if the links work:

19" Dell monitor users guides:

http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~cat=3&~subcat=49

17" users guides:

http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~cat=3&~subcat=50

If the OP is that interested, I believe those links will give him what he
needs.

Stew

Stew