Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastie111

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
I just wanted to warn everybody about a website named xtremegear.com. The reason why is because I just recently bought an oem amd xp 2100+ and when i recieved it I could see that the bottom of it was burnt and bubbled out, so I sent it back following their return policy. Well, I finally called them about it and they said it has been overclocked and they was not going to replace it. Since I did not even put the cpu in my system that meant they sent me a used processor, when I confronted them about that issue they insisted it was my fault and would not replace it. basically telling me I got burnt over the deal. So has anybody out there had any problems from this company, I would like to know about it. Thanks Randy

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you pay by credit card? If so, you can contact your credit card company and file a fraud complaint, they should be able to recover your money.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I answered your question in the bad company section I believe.

From now on, try to only buy from companies that are rated in the 9's or sometimes 8's on resellerratings.com

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

ppunk2

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
i ordred my green cheiftec case from them a months ago and recieved it very fast with no problems. i also just bought a WinFast K7NCR18D-Pro motherboard from them and got it in 3 days. i was expecting it in a retail box but recieved it in the clear-silver bag with the manual and all cables inside the same bag as the motherboard. also, the memory tab (lock) ripped right through the bag. i didnt notice any thing wrong with the motherboard yet, no broken stuff.
im waiting until next week for the rest of my parts to come before building the computer so i will let you know if the motherboard even works.

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I have to agree with crashman, file a fraud claim with your credit card company and dispute the charges. They should get your money back.

Toastie111

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
I could not believe it when they told me it was my fault and they was not going to replace the cpu. I did call better business and my credit card company. I hope they get investigated because I felt very betrayed. thanks for the response.

Toastie111

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
Thank-you for the advice. I did call my credit card company and told me they would refund my money, but send in a detailed letter to them and they would investigate. Again thank you so much!

Toastie111

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
Thank you so very much for the advice, I did call my credit card company and they were very helpful. They said they would send a letter and for me to descibe what happened and they would investigate. In the meanwhile they would refund my money. Thank you again

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can also go to Resellerratings.com to make a comment so everyone else can avoid doing business with them.
At this site, its rating is so low <b><A HREF="http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4566.html" target="_new"><font color=red>(2.50! on a grade of 10)</A></b></font color=red>.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Sorry man, thats why people like me stick to Newegg.com , not some weird third world company.

I keep trying my best to mess up newegg but I cant... Ordered XP 2400+ TbredB, MSI Nforce2 board, 2XOCZ PC3200ram, Radeon 9700 Pro, WD 40g 7200 HD, and things I cant remember... So far, everything came within 3 days, perfect shape as described, and making me want to order more. Shopping online isnt bad when you watch who you shop from.

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
My experience in buying, recently, computer stuff has nothing to do with buyextremegear.com, but it does relate similar experiences.

I bought an a7n266-vm from a company through my job. When I got it I looked at the board and found a plastic foot (used in mounting the mobo) plugged into one of the holes. I also noticed when the mobo booted that it had the most current bios for that board. When installing xp onto it it would blue screen repeatedly.

The bsod had nothing to do with the other components as I had pulled a working cpu, memory, and HD out of a working unit solely for the purpose of installing. I sent the motherboard back and got it exchanged.

The point is, sometimes you can never tell what the vendors have done to the boards. Why did mine have a plastic foot in it? Why had they flashed the bios? No idea. But for me, when I buy stuff, I want certainty in my trust so I will not accept a board that the vendor has touched/modified.

Vendor's do have to track their sales/returns so they will open the package and put a sticker on the boards with the year/month of the board. I don't fault them. Only problem is that many of them will put the sticker on when they get the board, not when they sell it to you. This hurts your ability to return it.

I also just bought a crescendo G3 500-1m from a vendor and paid for 2nd day air. When I got it the cpu didn't work. The manufacturer of the processor card immediately agreed to rma it and even volunteered to pay for shipping to them. This sort of perturbes me as I paid 2nd day air because I wanted it in 2 days not 3 weeks later (due to it being bad and having to RMA it). I'm going to bring it up with the vendor to see if they are willing to reimburse my shipping costs since I didn't techncially get a working processor in 2 days just on principle.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Most suppliers never talk about this but what do you think happens to RMA'd and returned boards... they are tested and then farmed off to clearance houses. These "factory seconds" then find their way back out into the world at dirt cheap prices... and quite often with the original problems still in place!

What else are you going to do with a board that is robotically assembled from parts far too small for human replacment? Either you find some way of recovering your costs or you toss it out.

Reputable companies will label these bits and pieces as "refurbished" (i.e. buyer beware)... the ones that don't got no business selling computer parts.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---

Status
Not open for further replies.