Hi,

I have the ASUS P4R800-V deluxe m.board with SisRaid adapter. Does Win XP
Home support RAID 0 volumes? I'd like to install it there, but not sure if
it's possible with home edition.

Thanks

Hi,

Sure it's possible as long as you supply the driver during installation (hit
F6 when prompted).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"aley" <okeydok@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the ASUS P4R800-V deluxe m.board with SisRaid adapter. Does Win XP
> Home support RAID 0 volumes? I'd like to install it there, but not sure if
> it's possible with home edition.
>
> Thanks

Thanks. Read that XP home doesn't support 'dynamic' volumes so I wasn't sure
about this...

> Hi,
>
> Sure it's possible as long as you supply the driver during installation
> (hit F6 when prompted).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "aley" <okeydok@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the ASUS P4R800-V deluxe m.board with SisRaid adapter. Does Win XP
>> Home support RAID 0 volumes? I'd like to install it there, but not sure
>> if it's possible with home edition.
>>
>> Thanks

>Thanks. Read that XP home doesn't support 'dynamic' volumes so I wasn't sure
>about this...

Dynamic drives is for software raid, but if you have an hardware raid
controller it's enough you got the drivers.
Maurizio

Exactly right.

--

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:07 +0300, "aley" <okeydok@yahoo.gr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have the ASUS P4R800-V deluxe m.board with SisRaid adapter. Does Win XP
>Home support RAID 0 volumes? I'd like to install it there, but not sure if
>it's possible with home edition.
>
>Thanks

I'm running one right now. At most you might need to load drivers
from a floppy. Check your manual.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: