Big Time Cabinets...Possible suggestion

I haven't heard anything about this possibility but there are a lot of
Bally 6803 games with bad cabinets. If you have one, or remember them,
they are a particle board constructed piece of junk, that you just pray
water doesn't get spilled on one anywhere near where it is cut for
molding. Most of them are missing a chunk somewhere on the cabinet,
like a backbox corner, or where a leg bolts up.

These were done with a generic style cabinet layout that just has
"Bally/Midway" on the side with a few varying color schemes. I think
if Big Time Cabinets were to ever explore this area for a reproduction
why not just make one generic painted cabinet for all the titles.
Naturally, make them out of wood. These games are not as collectable
as the WMS/Bally titles, or the older Bally titles, but there are a few
moderate to good winners, like Party Animal, and Strange Science. The
artwork cost being kept down would make the project seem worthwhile.
If you look at all the 6803 titles most of them have common colors.
Especially the blues.

Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes but beyond those two the fan clubs
are very few in members. With PinLed able to make 14 digit displays
the only thing left is the cabinet.

It's just a thought. Fire away if you're inclined to do so. I can
take it.

Mario
Pinthetic

Good thought. I would like to see them do a Williams Cyclone cabinet.
Everyone I have seen has some degree of damage, esp cracking and
seperation of the wood sides.

David...

On 22 Jun 2005 21:42:21 -0700, Pinthetic@gmail.com wrote:

>I haven't heard anything about this possibility but there are a lot of
>Bally 6803 games with bad cabinets. If you have one, or remember them,
>they are a particle board constructed piece of junk, that you just pray
>water doesn't get spilled on one anywhere near where it is cut for
>molding. Most of them are missing a chunk somewhere on the cabinet,
>like a backbox corner, or where a leg bolts up.
>
>These were done with a generic style cabinet layout that just has
>"Bally/Midway" on the side with a few varying color schemes. I think
>if Big Time Cabinets were to ever explore this area for a reproduction
>why not just make one generic painted cabinet for all the titles.
>Naturally, make them out of wood. These games are not as collectable
>as the WMS/Bally titles, or the older Bally titles, but there are a few
>moderate to good winners, like Party Animal, and Strange Science. The
>artwork cost being kept down would make the project seem worthwhile.
>If you look at all the 6803 titles most of them have common colors.
>Especially the blues.
>
>Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes but beyond those two the fan clubs
>are very few in members. With PinLed able to make 14 digit displays
>the only thing left is the cabinet.
>
>It's just a thought. Fire away if you're inclined to do so. I can
>take it.
>
>Mario
>Pinthetic

I have offered and Chris over at BTC has accepted. I'm giving to BTC all
the silkscreens for Cyclone that my buddy and I hand made years ago. Also
I'm giving them the rubyliths of the artwork. So BTC will have everything
they need to make cyclone artwork. So Cyclone should be an option after
expo. I'll be giving them the stuff at expo this year. GO Big Time
Cabinets !!

--
Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

"Eisner" <davideis@telus.net> wrote in message
> Good thought. I would like to see them do a Williams Cyclone cabinet.
> Everyone I have seen has some degree of damage, esp cracking and
> seperation of the wood sides.
>
> David...
>

> On 22 Jun 2005 21:42:21 -0700, Pinthetic@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>I haven't heard anything about this possibility but there are a lot of
>>Bally 6803 games with bad cabinets. If you have one, or remember them,
>>they are a particle board constructed piece of junk, that you just pray
>>water doesn't get spilled on one anywhere near where it is cut for
>>molding. Most of them are missing a chunk somewhere on the cabinet,
>>like a backbox corner, or where a leg bolts up.
>>
>>These were done with a generic style cabinet layout that just has
>>"Bally/Midway" on the side with a few varying color schemes. I think
>>if Big Time Cabinets were to ever explore this area for a reproduction
>>why not just make one generic painted cabinet for all the titles.
>>Naturally, make them out of wood. These games are not as collectable
>>as the WMS/Bally titles, or the older Bally titles, but there are a few
>>moderate to good winners, like Party Animal, and Strange Science. The
>>artwork cost being kept down would make the project seem worthwhile.
>>If you look at all the 6803 titles most of them have common colors.
>>Especially the blues.
>>
>>Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes but beyond those two the fan clubs
>>are very few in members. With PinLed able to make 14 digit displays
>>the only thing left is the cabinet.
>>
>>It's just a thought. Fire away if you're inclined to do so. I can
>>take it.
>>
>>Mario
>>Pinthetic

Agreed. My buddy has 5 6803 games and almost all of them are bad due to
moisture or mishandling. His Party Animal in particular did not survive
shipping via FA. The entire neck just crumbled into sawdust. Problem I
see is that the cabs would cost as much as many of these games are worth! :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Cliffy wrote:

Agreed. My buddy has 5 6803 games and almost all of them are bad due to

moisture or mishandling. His Party Animal in particular did not survive

shipping via FA. The entire neck just crumbled into sawdust. Problem I
see is that the cabs would cost as much as many of these games are
worth! :)

Yeah, good point. That was what I was trying to say by not putting a
lot into the artwork. I just did not do a very good job of it. I
think though for a few of the games it might be worth it. I posted
about the $2995 tag on Mr. pinball for a Party Animal. Way out there,
I know. I, myself, would be embarassed to list that game at that
price, but stranger things have happened!

I also see the priority on this is low for a manufacturer to invest in
the research. I still think for one style of generic 6803 cabinet it is
a valid project. The only thing now would be to verify that they are
all really the same. No difference in backglass size or something I
may have overlooked in my illusions.

Mario
Pinthetic

On Thu, 23 Jun, Kerry Stair wrote:
> I have offered and Chris over at BTC has accepted. I'm giving to BTC all
> the silkscreens for Cyclone that my buddy and I hand made years ago. Also
> I'm giving them the rubyliths of the artwork. So BTC will have everything
> they need to make cyclone artwork. So Cyclone should be an option after
> expo. I'll be giving them the stuff at expo this year. GO Big Time
> Cabinets !!

There you go pimping the hobby again. ;-)

Good job, Kerry! And BTC!

--Donnie