Trouble deleting a program

Hi

I have had problems with deleting a program which was not listed in the
add/remove programs list. I received an email from the manufacturer of the
software instructing me to do the following -" Simply delete the folder in
program files and delete the program group from on the start menu. " I'm ok
with the first bit but a bit unsure about deleting the program group from the
start menu. Does he mean simply deleting the icon on the start menu or is it
more involved?

Many thanks for your help in advance

More about trouble deleting program

    That should do it, though you aren't really deleting the icon, but
    rather the shortcut.

    Hi John,

    >or is it more involved?

    Check some of the suggestions listed here:

    Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP

    > Hi
    >
    > I have had problems with deleting a program which was not listed in the
    > add/remove programs list. I received an email from the manufacturer of
    > the
    > software instructing me to do the following -" Simply delete the folder in
    > program files and delete the program group from on the start menu. " I'm
    > ok
    > with the first bit but a bit unsure about deleting the program group from
    > the
    > start menu. Does he mean simply deleting the icon on the start menu or is
    > it
    > more involved?
    >
    > Many thanks for your help in advance

    Right click on Start
    Explore
    Delete the icon or folder for the program from one of these locations:
    Documents and Settings/'user name'/Start Menu/Programs or
    Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs
    --
    Ron Sommer

    > Hi
    >
    > I have had problems with deleting a program which was not listed in the
    > add/remove programs list. I received an email from the manufacturer of
    > the
    > software instructing me to do the following -" Simply delete the folder in
    > program files and delete the program group from on the start menu. " I'm
    > ok
    > with the first bit but a bit unsure about deleting the program group from
    > the
    > start menu. Does he mean simply deleting the icon on the start menu or is
    > it
    > more involved?
    >
    > Many thanks for your help in advance

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP