Using a 3rd party boot manager for access to 98SE and ME. Noticed after a
session in XP SP2 HE, then going to either OS, the time has incremented one
hour per either OS. XPs event viewer has some error noted about the time,
this is usually immediately predicated by a problem with DHCP. I have no
internet access problems and no LAN connection. Why is the time
incrementing one hour?

Lil' Dave wrote:
> Using a 3rd party boot manager for access to 98SE and ME. Noticed after a
> session in XP SP2 HE, then going to either OS, the time has incremented one
> hour per either OS. XPs event viewer has some error noted about the time,
> this is usually immediately predicated by a problem with DHCP. I have no
> internet access problems and no LAN connection. Why is the time
> incrementing one hour?

My guess is you have both OS instances configured to automatically
adjust for daylight savings time. Turn this off in one of them.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

"Lil' Dave" <spamyourself@virus.net> wrote:

|>Using a 3rd party boot manager for access to 98SE and ME. Noticed after a
|>session in XP SP2 HE, then going to either OS, the time has incremented one
|>hour per either OS. XPs event viewer has some error noted about the time,
|>this is usually immediately predicated by a problem with DHCP. I have no
|>internet access problems and no LAN connection. Why is the time
|>incrementing one hour?

This happen'd to me once; 98, and two WK2's ,there was time difference
between each OS and the only way I could set the same time on all
systems was to run the dos TIME command.

Replacing the mother board battery fix'd the problem for me.

Yes. A known situation when dual booting a computer (o;

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,