blank entry in MSConfig's StartUp list

August 10, 2005 11:46:32 AM

There is a program listed in MSconfig's StartUp list, without a name or
Command, but located in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Run\. Could it be malicious and trying to hide its
presence/identity and would it be desitrable to remove it ? Could it be
a 'ping' command that I sometimes try to use to wake the modem up ?

--
jphilippa
Anonymous

It could be from anything! My feeling is this. If a program does not want to
identify it's entry - I don't keep the entry - period. There is no call for
this from a reputable program from a reputable company.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

!