Canterwood

eden

Champion
I doubt 3.6GHZ will be the starting speed.
Even THG's reports had indicated a 3.2GHZ at least. There are no plans for speeds higher than 3.4GHZ for the NW before the end of the year, so I assume Prescott may begin at the same speed first.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
I´d expect some flexibility from Intel. After all, their design is more scalable in terms of clock speed, and I believe they could, if needed, push the Prescott to 4Ghz by the end of the year (I wouldn´t be surprised). They´ve certainly got the resources!!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
The question is: Will they need to? Let's hope AMD can push Intel that much, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

eden

Champion
That's pretty much the main reason why I think it won't go high in clock speeds this year.
Hell, due to AMD's utter failure to deliver, I bet you Intel will start releasing SLOWER CLOCK speeds each month, lol, so to keep some kind of "helpful competition"!
In the end they'll have Prescotts' for everyone, yes, even 100MHZ versions for the ultra-poor people, and still by that time AMD has not finalized a powerful Athlon 64...

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

I can see Prescott at 4 gig at the end of the year. Look what Intel is putting out in the next 2 years. Compared too AMD. Thats why I'm going with Intel. Since AMD could not release whatever Hammer out the end of 2002.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Exactly, that´s what I mean. Intel can take the heat anytime. But AMD has yet to deliver...

I also hope that Intel is pushed back enough to ramp up to 4Ghz, but I´m afraid AMD won´t put up that much of a challenge... Could be wrong, though...

Ever noticed how AMD always has a very strong roadmap on their site? Intel actually doesn´t, but they tend to deliver ON SCHEDULE... So, their roadmap isn´t "lying" like AMD. Looks like AMD is always promising, but never quite delivering...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
You go help them out then. :)

<b>Paying for Sex didn’t mean you couldn’t get it any other way – it meant that you could afford the convenience option, same as any other service.</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ugh... im gettin pretty cheezed off with "800FSB" and the like.

The FSB speed is 200. 200Mhz. Quad pumped. But still 200.

<b>Paying for Sex didn’t mean you couldn’t get it any other way – it meant that you could afford the convenience option, same as any other service.</b>