Gopher

Im running xp when i right click on my desktop then properties there some of
the tabs are missing like the themes page and desktop page so i cannot change
my background.
This is a stand alone computer I am the only user i have me as a user and
also a guest.

Please help

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows Security Console. These restrictions, and many others can be controlled with this utility.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Gopher" <Gopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF3ADDD-EA82-45E6-988B-3AB038B5A449@microsoft.com...
> Im running xp when i right click on my desktop then properties there some of
> the tabs are missing like the themes page and desktop page so i cannot change
> my background.
> This is a stand alone computer I am the only user i have me as a user and
> also a guest.
>
> Please help

Hello,

Enough to get you going:

ScreenSaver Disable/Enable or Tab Missing (line 51, left column)

Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs (line 128, right column)

Restore the Web Tab - Display Properties (line 177, left column)

Enable the Appearance Tab - Display (line 282, left coumn)

Restore All Display Tabs (line 285, right column)

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gopher" <Gopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im running xp when i right click on my desktop then properties there some of
> the tabs are missing like the themes page and desktop page so i cannot change
> my background.
> This is a stand alone computer I am the only user i have me as a user and
> also a guest.
>
> Please help

My windows explorer no longer displays the directory tree in the lefthand
pane. Instead the pane is all grey with an x at the top to close the pane.
No amount of messing with the folder options seems to get it back to normal.
Other options like the search pane or favorites pane are fine if I display
them.

Thanks
Dave