Shop-Job for the Boards?

Hi,
When you do a thorough shop job to a newly bought WPC game, apart from
cleaning every component, what are the various actions that you do for
your system boards in the head of the game? I know about checking
fuses, but are there other things on your check-list for the system
boards when you shop your machine?
Thanks

>check-list for the system boards when you shop your machine?

Yea, I leave them alone. Less messing with them means less possible
damage (even damage you can't see)

Kirb

Getting back on track here, this is what I do to boards, WPC in
particular...

Clean with a small stiff bristle car detail brush and compressed air.
Check all fuses.
Replace any burned or discolored headers.
Replace any burned or loose connectors.
Re-flow all header connections and relays and anything that looks bad.
Repair any really bad hacks.
New battery holder on the MPU if it has even a hint of damage.
All new rectifiers and new main filter cap.
Latest ROMS installed.

trick72@graffiti.net wrote:
> Hi,
> When you do a thorough shop job to a newly bought WPC game, apart from
> cleaning every component, what are the various actions that you do for
> your system boards in the head of the game? I know about checking
> fuses, but are there other things on your check-list for the system
> boards when you shop your machine?
> Thanks

Before I swing open the insert board for a working, but unshopped game,
I pray that it does not have anything out of the ordinary (burnt or
hacked stuff) besides dust. If all ok, I just give the boards a blow
job ;)

Marcel

Photographers use an anti-static brush to clean lint off negative
and slides. I would think an ordinary bristle brush with camel or
badger hair would generate a great deal of static. (think of touching
your cat in the winter) Plastic bristles cannot be much better.
Try www.bhphotovideo.com for a source of anti-static brushes.
Look in darkroom supplies.
There is a short but good section on ESD in the book, Quality Hand
Soldering and Circuit Board Repair by Smith, appendix A.

Pinball Bob

dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:
> Before I swing open the insert board for a working, but unshopped game,
> I pray that it does not have anything out of the ordinary (burnt or
> hacked stuff) besides dust. If all ok, I just give the boards a blow
> job ;)
>
> Marcel

That's Marcel for you... Gums o' steel! :)