Chrome and Gold Chrome flippers are here

Manic wrote:
> Ch-ch-cheeeeeesy IMO but I'm sure others will think
> they are great ;-)
>

> "twilightzonepinball" <tomwible@aol.com> wrote in message
> >
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id33.htm
> >
> > -Tom

Man,
I would have loved to put these on my T2. However, $22.00each x 2 =
$44.00 + shipping = Way too much for flipper bats. If they were $14/set
I'd grab a pair.

John

Good work, but I agree with Manic, chrome and gold always look fake-o
and cheesy imho. If we could get some machined out of a solid block of
aluminum, and then polished and anodized to different colors, it might
look more sturdy and less cheesy.

>Ch-ch-cheeeeeesy IMO but I'm sure others will think they are great ;-)

The triva of the day is- "what has the least amount of cheese on Tom's
site?"

I would guess the chrome plated plastic flipper bats have the lowest
cheese factor, but that isn't saying much.

Kirb

pt

John Wart, jr wrote:
> Kinda reminds me of the truck I passed on the way to work this morning..
>
> Looked like it'd crashed down the Lund aisle at autozone and 2 of
> everything stuck...

Did it have curb feelers?

The flippers look really cool, but too much money. I'd like to see how
long it takes for the chrome to start coming off the plastic. Let us
know in a few months how they hold up. Hopefully Tom has tested them
for at least that long before putting them up for sale.

John

I don't think they would look good on anything accept Bally/Williams
since they have the Wms logo on them.
Bill

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

Since they are totally non-original looking anyway, he should make them
in generic form without the W so can be used on any games with that
flipper style....

How do you crome plastic? I thought only metal could be cromed?
-Luke

It's not chrome at all, it's aluminum. They use vacuum metallizing which
uses super high heat to melt the aluminum which is then injection
sprayed or atomized in an electrostatic vacuum chamber. The plastic
piece must first be painted with a conductive copper compound to make it
electrically chargeable. Check out my jukebox on my page for an example
of what a good metallizer can do to plastic :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

No logo! they are also clear coated for durability. In person there is
no cheese, these are top quality. Just put them on my MM and they are
saweet!

-Tom

These are not vacuum metalized, believe me. They are done with a new
process which is very shiny and durable. I am looking to do some other
plastic parts like the TZ clock housing in chrome. Maybe some other
colors as well. I may also be getting into rechroming parts if anyone
has the need.

-Tom

-Tom

Too much bling for me. Maybe if they dont sell well you could sell them
to wear around your neck for that pin bling look LOL Just not for
me maybe others will buy them

Wow. Very cool.

"twilightzonepinball" <tomwible@aol.com> wrote in message
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id33.html
>
> -Tom

The only other way then is airbrushing a simulated chrome or other
metallic. There are paints today that achieve this using microscopic
metal powders. Still, it is not chrome (chromium). It is aluminum. Your
flippers do look shiny like chrome and polished brass, I'll give ya
that. But remetallizing might be a better term rather than rechroming :)

--

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

kirb wrote:
>>Ch-ch-cheeeeeesy IMO but I'm sure others will think they are great ;-)
>

> The triva of the day is- "what has the least amount of cheese on Tom's
> site?"
>
> I would guess the chrome plated plastic flipper bats have the lowest
> cheese factor, but that isn't saying much.
>
> Kirb

Never built plastic models as a kid, huh?

"LStarrASL" <Lstarrasl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you crome plastic? I thought only metal could be cromed?
> -Luke

Would these fit in new Stern games like LOTR ? The gold would look
cool on this game.
David...

Cliffy wrote:
> The only other way then is airbrushing a simulated chrome or other
> metallic. There are paints today that achieve this using microscopic
> metal powders. Still, it is not chrome (chromium). It is aluminum. Your
> flippers do look shiny like chrome and polished brass, I'll give ya
> that. But remetallizing might be a better term rather than rechroming :)
>
> twilightzonepinball wrote:
> > These are not vacuum metalized, believe me. They are done with a new
> > process which is very shiny and durable. I am looking to do some other
> > plastic parts like the TZ clock housing in chrome. Maybe some other
> > colors as well. I may also be getting into rechroming parts if anyone
> > has the need.
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> > -Tom
> >

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

> How do you crome plastic? I thought only metal could be cromed?

http://www.muellercorp.com/chromeplatingplastic.htm

"Vacuum metallizing"...like in model car kits for the chrome wheels and
parts you have to scrape off before you glue together. It doesn't stick
real well which is a downside.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

$22 per flipper is still really steep. If they were $22 for the pair
i'd buy a couple of sets. Good edition to TOM

You are correct, I am using the term chrome really to describe the look
and not the process. They basically have a chrome finish like any other
plastic part. I do guarantee though that this is not like the chrome
parts that come with models. This is much better.

-Tom

TRENDING THREADS