Ordering Dell on Web Site

I've noticed on the Dell web site that they offer two different types of
optical drives: single and double.

I have a Compaq Presario and the top drive is a single dvd player drive.
Under that is a single CD burner drive. Is it possible to configure a Dell
computer on their web site to have a set up like this? Or if I want both a
dvd drive and CD burner I will have to get the double drive?

Either way. You can order any combination of single or
dual drives you wish.

"Von Fourche" <monaco6178@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've noticed on the Dell web site that they offer two different
> types of
> optical drives: single and double.
>
> I have a Compaq Presario and the top drive is a single dvd player
> drive.
> Under that is a single CD burner drive. Is it possible to configure a
> Dell
> computer on their web site to have a set up like this? Or if I want
> both a
> dvd drive and CD burner I will have to get the double drive?

yes, you can get that configuration with a dell. they call that "dual
drives, dv-rom + cd-rw."
just about every dell has two optical (cd) drive bays so you can have one or
two drives. there are many types of drives these days including regular cd
(read only), dvd (read only), cd-rw (cd read/write), combination dvd and
cd-rw (read dvd, read/write cds), dvd+/-rw (read/write cds and dvds). they
offer just about every combination one or two of the above types of drives.
a single dvd+/-rw is really all you need. you can burn up to 4.7gb on a
dvd+/-rw vs 700mb on a cd-rw, plus the dvd+/-rw will burn regular cds.
making copies of cds with a single drive simply involves having to first put
in the original/source cd and then, after that has been copied to the
internal hard disk, put in the blank cd or dvd.