Remotely Access Control Panel

Hi,

I am a network manager, and I need to access users control panels remotely
to remove unauthorised software. I do not want the user to know I am doing
this, so remote access tools are not an option.
I have tried running the control.exe from their mapped c drive, but it opens
my own!
I cannot add an mmc snap in and sms will only uninstall with specific
uninstall files. I have hundreds of applications to remove.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Sinéad
2 answers Last reply
More about remotely access control panel

    Normally, you should be "locking: down the possibility of installing
    applications with a group policy for normal user accounts. You will only
    allow "administrator" the possibility of installing programs. This way you
    do not have this problem.

    "Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a network manager, and I need to access users control panels remotely
    > to remove unauthorised software. I do not want the user to know I am doing
    > this, so remote access tools are not an option.
    > I have tried running the control.exe from their mapped c drive, but it
    > opens
    > my own!
    > I cannot add an mmc snap in and sms will only uninstall with specific
    > uninstall files. I have hundreds of applications to remove.
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sinéad

    That's fair enpugh, but the reality is that I DO have this problem and would
    like to know how I can remotely access the control panel!

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Normally, you should be "locking: down the possibility of installing
    > applications with a group policy for normal user accounts. You will only
    > allow "administrator" the possibility of installing programs. This way you
    > do not have this problem.
    >

    > "Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am a network manager, and I need to access users control panels remotely
    > > to remove unauthorised software. I do not want the user to know I am doing
    > > this, so remote access tools are not an option.
    > > I have tried running the control.exe from their mapped c drive, but it
    > > opens
    > > my own!
    > > I cannot add an mmc snap in and sms will only uninstall with specific
    > > uninstall files. I have hundreds of applications to remove.
    > > Does anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Sinéad

Control Panel Remote Access Microsoft Windows XP