IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Stop Error HELP!

August 10, 2005 10:49:07 AM

The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not computer
savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough about
this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only has
occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet Explorer and
Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2 many
months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a list
of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I haven't
done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes to take
effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!

Moses

More about : irql equal bsod stop error

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:09:53 PM

"Mosesbasket" <Mosesbasket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
>0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not computer
>savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough about
>this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only has
>occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet Explorer and
>Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2 many
>months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
>verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a list
>of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I haven't
>done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes to take
>effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!
>
>Moses

Verifier will put your unsigned drivers through a "stress test" to see
if they are the cause of your problem. This may result in some
different, more explicit, error messages when you restart.

What you are looking for is the device driver whose address range
includes 0x804E469A

If you open a CMD window and enter PSTAT then the last section of the
listing will show you the names and load addresses of the active
device drivers and .DLL files.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:42:24 AM

Well, like I said I ran Verifier.exe and it spit out a few device drivers.
Upon restart I got a rather explicit stop error from the driver for an
encryption software program I use. I rebooted to safe mode and chose "Last
Known Good Configuration". Now I no longer get the boot up stop error, but
have twice now gotten the non-specific stop error as noted previously. What
else can I do?

Thanks,
Moses

PS: Do I run PSTAT then verifier.exe over again? Please advise...

> Verifier will put your unsigned drivers through a "stress test" to see
> if they are the cause of your problem. This may result in some
> different, more explicit, error messages when you restart.
>
> What you are looking for is the device driver whose address range
> includes 0x804E469A
>
> If you open a CMD window and enter PSTAT then the last section of the
> listing will show you the names and load addresses of the active
> device drivers and .DLL files.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 6:40:03 AM

Mosesbasket Wrote:
> The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
> 0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not
> computer
> savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough
> about
> this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only
> has
> occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet
> Explorer and
> Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2
> many
> months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
> verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a
> list
> of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I
> haven't
> done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes
> to take
> effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!
>
> Moses

I have had these errors before and I know how you feel. Honestly, I
fixed all of them by using the recovery console program with the XP
setup CD. Pop it in and let it repair the partition. It has worked
everytime for me.

--
Evolution54
!