IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Stop Error HELP!

The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not computer
savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough about
this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only has
occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet Explorer and
Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2 many
months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a list
of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I haven't
done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes to take
effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!

Moses
3 answers Last reply
More about irql_not_less_or_equal bsod stop error help

    "Mosesbasket" <Mosesbasket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
    >0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not computer
    >savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough about
    >this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only has
    >occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet Explorer and
    >Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2 many
    >months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
    >verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a list
    >of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I haven't
    >done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes to take
    >effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!
    >
    >Moses

    Verifier will put your unsigned drivers through a "stress test" to see
    if they are the cause of your problem. This may result in some
    different, more explicit, error messages when you restart.

    What you are looking for is the device driver whose address range
    includes 0x804E469A

    If you open a CMD window and enter PSTAT then the last section of the
    listing will show you the names and load addresses of the active
    device drivers and .DLL files.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Well, like I said I ran Verifier.exe and it spit out a few device drivers.
    Upon restart I got a rather explicit stop error from the driver for an
    encryption software program I use. I rebooted to safe mode and chose "Last
    Known Good Configuration". Now I no longer get the boot up stop error, but
    have twice now gotten the non-specific stop error as noted previously. What
    else can I do?

    Thanks,
    Moses

    PS: Do I run PSTAT then verifier.exe over again? Please advise...

    Mosesbasket Wrote:
    > The modules listed are 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
    > 0x804E469A). In that order with exactly that punctuation. I am not
    > computer
    > savvy enough to debug or troubleshoot on my own. I know just enough
    > about
    > this infernal laptop to be extremely dangerous. This stop error only
    > has
    > occurred whilst on the Internet. I interchangeably use Internet
    > Explorer and
    > Mozilla, and the stop error has occurred with both. I upgraded to SP2
    > many
    > months ago, so I don't think it's an issue with the upgrade. I ran the
    > verifier.exe utility and it didn't tell me anything. It came up with a
    > list
    > of six or so unsigned drivers but just told me to reboot, which I
    > haven't
    > done yet. What exactly does verifier.exe do? "Must reboot for changes
    > to take
    > effect". What changes have I made? Thanks so much!
    >
    > Moses

    I have had these errors before and I know how you feel. Honestly, I
    fixed all of them by using the recovery console program with the XP
    setup CD. Pop it in and let it repair the partition. It has worked
    everytime for me.

    --
    Evolution54

Stop Error Blue Screen Windows XP