Sign in with
Your question

Question about external mouse and keyboard

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 9, 2010 4:21:53 PM

ok..this may have been better off in the bluetooth forum...but I figured there is a laptop invloved and it looks like there are way more visitors to this forum...but mods..feel free to move it if you find it neccessary....

I have a dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse (made by logitech I think)...I connect my dell studio laptop to my 42" flatscreen so I can watch movies and control things from the couch with the keyboard/mouse....this has been really helpful since I broke my foot and have been in a cast for a month.....

the way it used to work...is I would pair both of them once, they would work fine..when I was done I shut them off to conserve battery...and when I turned them back on..the would re-connect automatically after a couple seconds...
but for some reason now when I shut them off and turn them back on, they dont re-connect automatically and I have to get up hobble over to the TV on my crutches and re-pair them every stinkin time...
I have tried new batteries and I have paired them like 27 times....still not doing it though....

what could be causing this? I dont know if the problem lies with some setting of my computer or a windows update sometime in the last fre days that messed things up (tried system restore back to 48hrs ago but nothing) or whether its something with the mouse and keyboard themselves....

can anyone help? thanks in advance!
January 14, 2010 6:15:22 AM

I can only suggest you check the batteries of your bluetooth devices. And see if the drivers for your bluetooth adapter is updated.
!