lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ok good.
doesnt really qualify as exciting though.

<b>Paying for Sex didn’t mean you couldn’t get it any other way – it meant that you could afford the convenience option, same as any other service.</b>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Actually, I read it would be a 166 FSB on THG CeBit story.
Sounds like AMD has scrapped plans for 200 FSB, at least temporarily.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

eden

Champion
Would you be so kind as to give us your sources?

You know Poobaa could post here talking about a hamster-friendly CPU and we could buy into that?

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Durons are Hamster friendly. Cheap and cool.
Plus they can be run on the power generated by Hammie's spinning wheel :wink:

<b>Paying for Sex didn’t mean you couldn’t get it any other way – it meant that you could afford the convenience option, same as any other service.</b>

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Yes, I think the 3200+ will also use 333Mhz FSB... Don´t remember if it was indeed on the Inquirer...

(besides, is the Inquirer really a respectable source? I´ve noticed it is very much AMD-biased...)

The core clock on the 3200+ will probably be adjusted as to compete with the 3.2Ghz P4, 800Mhz FSB Northwood (it´ll probably have to go up quite a notch to do so). I wonder how interesting it´ll get...

eden

Champion
I believe the Inquirer, they've really been accurate lately. Those who constantly flame them have yet to watch their own words. Inquirer has been a more trustable source lately, so I don't know why many still ignore their news.
As for bias, I don't know, I haven't noticed.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

vk2amv

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
I consider the inquirer more trustworthy than toms is now. And I believe toms hardware is more biased to one thing or another at different times. (Whichever company is paying more at the time) Still I do take the inquirer with caution even though it is much more trustworthy than toms is now.
AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
That´s a wise idea, to read the Inquirer with caution...
THG too, of course... In any case.

The Inquirer is not that often biased, but when it is, it´s rather annoyingly so. They are overly generous with AMD at times...

eden

Champion
Aren't we all?

We're giving them way too many chances that it's almost insulting to them that we are this generous. :lol:

--

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
That´s right. I guess it´s that same old thing about helping the small guy fight the giant... We shouldn´t be this generous... If it were Intel, we´d be flaming them for not getting x86-64 out the door! :smile: But with amd, we just <i>complain</i> about it...

eden

Champion
Actually, Slvr_Phoenix said it best about a month ago. If AMD falls, IBM buys them out. That actually could be the best thing that ever happens! Why not? I mean, IBM has SOI in their hands, they developped it, no more licensing fees or any more costs, IBM just shares the fab. IBM has more fabs as well and can help the newly bought AMD. They can truly merge forces, instead of "cooperating" as they so call it (yeah right, we all know AMD's in it for the ressources!).

--

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
IBM was in the x86 processor business once upon a time (actually they invented the x86 processor) but they decided it wasn't worth it and got out. I agree that if IBM got back into it and made it a priority, it may be a good thing. I suppose IBM may have hopes for taking over AMD, but it seems to me that right now, IBM is doing what IBM does. Manufacturing x86 microprocessors is not what IBM does. (And incidentally, they weren't all that great at it when they were doing it before.)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/18/03 01:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Much like the IBM/Cyrix 6x86 chips?? LoL....or was it 5x86 chips..?

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
:) I just remember it was called "Blue Lightning," which was a great name for a not-so-great processor. I actually had one at one time. It was 225 (?) MZ and got blown away by Pentium MMX 200.

I always thought IBM just didn't put high-performing processors very high up on their "to-do" list. They've always been about their identity as "Big Blue" and doing business with...well...businesses, rather than individual consumers. Of course, maybe they're looking at the $30 billion Intel made last year and thinking, "oops!"

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/18/03 01:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
LoL...i think i remember that actually....Cyrix and there ridiculous PR Rating......

I think it was like "IBM Cyrix 6x86 225MHz PR 200" it displayed something stupid like that in the post screen......i remember the IBM Cyrix 5x86 100Mhz PR 133 and the same 100MHz PR 150...and i think there was a few more dumb ones...like 5x86 133 PR 100...LoL.....more like PR 486 SX 25...lol

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, well it shoulda been Cyrix P.O.S. Sloth or something like that. With a PR rating of 33. That's what it felt like playing Duke Nukem, anyway.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/18/03 02:24 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD is not going to 90nm till 1st half to be on the safe side of 2004. It could be 1st quarter. BUT!!!!! with AMD latley who nows. Thats why I'm going with Intel.The icon is not for you Meph but AMD