More Problems syncing T3 with Outlook

October 21, 2004 7:11:03 PM

Has anyone successfully synced Versamail with Outlook?

If the Outlook program is closed on my pc then it seems to sync
succesfully but then crash out of Hotsync manager after syncing
(windows closes it due to an error...). If Outlook is open , then
hotsync manager does not close down but it hangs so clicking on the
Hotsync icon does nothing and also Outook hangs - this is cured if you
end the Hotsync process. The Sync works fine if I turn off Versamail
in the custom settings of Hotsync

If it is a known problem then I'll try another Palm email program but
I'd rather stick with it if I can sort this problem

Any thoughts?

JG
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 8:32:39 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:11:03 +0100, James had this to say...

> Has anyone successfully synced Versamail with Outlook?
>
> If the Outlook program is closed on my pc then it seems to sync
> succesfully but then crash out of Hotsync manager after syncing
> (windows closes it due to an error...). If Outlook is open , then
> hotsync manager does not close down but it hangs so clicking on the
> Hotsync icon does nothing and also Outook hangs - this is cured if you
> end the Hotsync process. The Sync works fine if I turn off Versamail
> in the custom settings of Hotsync
>
> If it is a known problem then I'll try another Palm email program but
> I'd rather stick with it if I can sort this problem
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> JG

I setup Versamail per these instruction;
<http://www.grassnet.net/prc/howto/howto_versamail.html&...;, and it works,
first time, every time, no problems.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:11:03 +0100, James had this to say...

> Has anyone successfully synced Versamail with Outlook?
>
> If the Outlook program is closed on my pc then it seems to sync
> succesfully but then crash out of Hotsync manager after syncing
> (windows closes it due to an error...). If Outlook is open , then
> hotsync manager does not close down but it hangs so clicking on the
> Hotsync icon does nothing and also Outook hangs - this is cured if you
> end the Hotsync process. The Sync works fine if I turn off Versamail
> in the custom settings of Hotsync
>
> If it is a known problem then I'll try another Palm email program but
> I'd rather stick with it if I can sort this problem
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> JG

....another thought, some are claiming the setup info on the handheld
gets buggered and you can't see it, everything looks OK, but it is
flumexed. They say setting up a new connection and deleting the old one
will magically make it work.

--
!