Crucial Memory Prices Falling

I've been checking Crucial.com for a couple of weeks now intent on
buying a 512M stick for my Dimension computer. In the past three weeks
the price has dropped from $59.99 to $56.99 and finally to $52.99. I
bought today. This name brand memory was cheaper than anything
available locally and comes with free shipping.

Anyone thinking of adding memory should check it out.

(Sheesh, that sounds like an advertisement. Sorry.)

Good news. A few months ago it was closer to $80. I understand that memory
prices fluctuate often.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

powrwrap wrote:
> I've been checking Crucial.com for a couple of weeks now intent on
> buying a 512M stick for my Dimension computer. In the past three
weeks
> the price has dropped from $59.99 to $56.99 and finally to $52.99. I
> bought today. This name brand memory was cheaper than anything
> available locally and comes with free shipping.
>
> Anyone thinking of adding memory should check it out.
>
> (Sheesh, that sounds like an advertisement. Sorry.)

Two weeks ago I purchased two 512MB chips for my Dell Inspiron 5100 at
$89.99 each. The next day, the price dropped to $67.99. I sent an email
to Crucial explaining the price difference and requested that it be
credited to my credit card. Knowing the price market for memory changes
on a constant basis, I figured I was SOL, although I also figured I had
nothing to lose by asking anyway.

Within a couple of days I received a response from their sales
department informing me that they were going to re-credit me the
difference in price plus the applicable tax. A week after that I
verified that the credit was applied to my credit card balance.

So for what it's worth, Crucial provided excellent customer service and
shipped my memory fast. They surely have a future customer in me.

I've been a Crucial fan for years. Great prices, free shipping, great
customer service. I'm not surprised they credited your money :)

imamre@lycos.com wrote:

> powrwrap wrote:
>
>>I've been checking Crucial.com for a couple of weeks now intent on
>>buying a 512M stick for my Dimension computer. In the past three
>
> weeks
>
>>the price has dropped from $59.99 to $56.99 and finally to $52.99. I
>>bought today. This name brand memory was cheaper than anything
>>available locally and comes with free shipping.
>>
>>Anyone thinking of adding memory should check it out.
>>
>>(Sheesh, that sounds like an advertisement. Sorry.)
>

> Two weeks ago I purchased two 512MB chips for my Dell Inspiron 5100 at
> $89.99 each. The next day, the price dropped to $67.99. I sent an email
> to Crucial explaining the price difference and requested that it be
> credited to my credit card. Knowing the price market for memory changes
> on a constant basis, I figured I was SOL, although I also figured I had
> nothing to lose by asking anyway.
>
> Within a couple of days I received a response from their sales
> department informing me that they were going to re-credit me the
> difference in price plus the applicable tax. A week after that I
> verified that the credit was applied to my credit card balance.
>
> So for what it's worth, Crucial provided excellent customer service and
> shipped my memory fast. They surely have a future customer in me.

Well Hooray for Crucial! I bought 1 GB of Crucial memory for my 4550,
which worked flawlessly & is still going strong.

I got a bit excited for a moment since I wanted to add some memory to my
Dimension 4300, currently have 512MB

512MB - CT236434 SDRAM, PC133 CL=2 Non-parity US $101.84

With only two slots, not today LOL
I guess another good reason for a new PC

Bob