WTB/Rent Wood Shipping Crate for NOS Shadow PF

I just sold my NOS Shadow PF and DON'T
want it to get damaged in shipping. I can ship the empty crate back
once the PF lands safely in the buyers hands or buy it outright.

Let me know your price.
Thanx,
Mike

pt

Its not to tough to build. Plywood and 2x4's. Make an internal
platform to screw the PF directly to (use softwashers to protect the
PF). I made mine big enough for a widebody playfield just in case.
The thing is a brick sh*thouse.

Here is mine in the back of my 300ZX. $31 to ship to BD including
insurance. Total weight was ~50 lbs.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~zeecarr3/pf_box2.jpg

John

On 23 Jun 2005 10:05:47 -0700, "Fathom22" <mwmahaffey@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I just sold my NOS Shadow PF and DON'T
>want it to get damaged in shipping. I can ship the empty crate back
>once the PF lands safely in the buyers hands or buy it outright.

This doesn't make sense unless you can find one locally. You'd pay
nearly as much to ship the crate as you would the playfield. So, you
pay $50 to get the crate to you, another $50 to ship the pf, another
$50 to ship it back to you, and another $50 to return the crate. For
$25 you could buy a couple of sheets of plywood, some 2-bys and some
1-2" rigid foam insulation and make your own. The home centers will
probably cut the plywood for you. They do here.

FWIW. I shipped two playfields in a wooden crate to Playfield
Renovations that wieghed 48 pounds. Total cost through Fedex, $18.00!!

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

On 23 Jun 2005 13:10:16 -0700, "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote:

>FWIW. I shipped two playfields in a wooden crate to Playfield
>Renovations that wieghed 48 pounds. Total cost through Fedex, $18.00!!

How far away are you? I've shipped three pf's from Oregon, one to PR
and two to Chris Hutchins and the cheapest was over $50 via Fedex
ground. I can't see a way to package them adequately without going
into the dreaded oversize category.

I'm in MN so the distance wasn't as far as your's. Don't know anything
about oversized caregory. I just built the crate, loaded them up and

Kenbo wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2005 13:10:16 -0700, "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >FWIW. I shipped two playfields in a wooden crate to Playfield
> >Renovations that wieghed 48 pounds. Total cost through Fedex, $18.00!!
> >

> How far away are you? I've shipped three pf's from Oregon, one to PR
> and two to Chris Hutchins and the cheapest was over $50 via Fedex
> ground. I can't see a way to package them adequately without going
> into the dreaded oversize category.

Fer sure....

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and they'll cut the plywood to size
and even cut your 2x4's to length...

Go buy yourself one 4x8 sheet of 1" DOW polyextruded foam board...
2 10' 2x4's
one 4x8 sheet 3/4" plywood...

Have them cut the plywood for you. take the length of your pf
add 5" and have them cut your 2 2x4's that length...
measure the width of your pf and add 2".. cut the previous cutoffs to that
length...
(should be enough left over)

lay your four pieces of 2x4's down on the ground on edge and then screw on
your
plywood..flip it over and cut your foam to fit inside, do the ends first,
then the main
area...lay your pf in there...cover the top with foam that fits "inside the
box" screw your
other piece of plywood on top...run 2 screws in the end of each 2x4 to brace
the corners...

If you really want to do it up...before you put your foam and pf in take the
leftover wood...
cut 4 lengths the same...any size really....put one under each corner of the
box and
screw down into them...makes it much easier for the truck driver to move..

I would guess no more than an hour of time and somewhere around $40.
but that depends on how fast you can get help at the store ;)

Chet

"Kenbo" <Kenbo@NOqsolvJUNKMAIL.com> wrote in message
> On 23 Jun 2005 10:05:47 -0700, "Fathom22" <mwmahaffey@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I just sold my NOS Shadow PF and DON'T
>>want it to get damaged in shipping. I can ship the empty crate back
>>once the PF lands safely in the buyers hands or buy it outright.
>>

> This doesn't make sense unless you can find one locally. You'd pay
> nearly as much to ship the crate as you would the playfield. So, you
> pay $50 to get the crate to you, another $50 to ship the pf, another
> $50 to ship it back to you, and another $50 to return the crate. For
> $25 you could buy a couple of sheets of plywood, some 2-bys and some
> 1-2" rigid foam insulation and make your own. The home centers will
> probably cut the plywood for you. They do here.

Might want to use 2 pieces of the plywood ;)
unless you happen to have something lying around to cover
the small portion you wont be able to with one sheet...