Hi there,

I'm occasionally having trouble with my mouse pointer. When I'm copying
files (AVIs or mp3s) from a DVD onto my computer my mouse pointer is very
difficult to move, sometimes not moving at all. It is almost like the
computer has to stop everything whilst it moves all the files from the DVD to
the hard drive. Is this a problem with my computer memory? Or is it to do
with my graphics card? Or something else? I have 768meg of RAM, and a
Leadtek 6600gt graphics card. I can remember some time ago being able to use
the mouse at least whilst doing this. Would appreciate some help...

Update mouse driver.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

timmeee wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm occasionally having trouble with my mouse pointer. When I'm copying
> files (AVIs or mp3s) from a DVD onto my computer my mouse pointer is very
> difficult to move, sometimes not moving at all. It is almost like the
> computer has to stop everything whilst it moves all the files from the DVD to
> the hard drive. Is this a problem with my computer memory? Or is it to do
> with my graphics card? Or something else? I have 768meg of RAM, and a
> Leadtek 6600gt graphics card. I can remember some time ago being able to use
> the mouse at least whilst doing this. Would appreciate some help...

I went to the A4 tech website and downloaded the latest drivers for my mouse
and installed them but the problem is still there. Not sure what this could
be.

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Update mouse driver.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> timmeee wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm occasionally having trouble with my mouse pointer. When I'm copying
> > files (AVIs or mp3s) from a DVD onto my computer my mouse pointer is very
> > difficult to move, sometimes not moving at all. It is almost like the
> > computer has to stop everything whilst it moves all the files from the DVD to
> > the hard drive. Is this a problem with my computer memory? Or is it to do
> > with my graphics card? Or something else? I have 768meg of RAM, and a
> > Leadtek 6600gt graphics card. I can remember some time ago being able to use
> > the mouse at least whilst doing this. Would appreciate some help...

Is the computer set up to use DMA transfers? Look in Device manager and
see if the IDE controller/channels ar set to use DMA instead of PIO.