  • Games
  • Music
  • Windows XP
August 10, 2005 12:10:05 PM

I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
wich obviously didnt help, help plz
--
str33trul3r

More about : comp restarts reason

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:16:02 PM

by the way people, plz dont mind the spelling mistakes;)
--
str33trul3r

"str33trul3r" wrote:

> I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
> my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
> net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
> nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
> surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
> wich obviously didnt help, help plz
> --
> str33trul3r
August 10, 2005 12:41:06 PM

Navigate to Control Panel/Performance and Maintenace/System. Click on the
Advanced tab, Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings. Under System
Failure, remove the check for Automatically Restart.

"str33trul3r" wrote:

> by the way people, plz dont mind the spelling mistakes;)
> --
> str33trul3r
>

> "str33trul3r" wrote:
>
> > I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
> > my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
> > net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
> > nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
> > surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
> > wich obviously didnt help, help plz
> > --
> > str33trul3r
August 10, 2005 1:16:09 PM

i would also upgrade to latest graphics drivers just as a long shot.
but i think Bob I is on the money. bad memory is the most likely
culprit.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:19:25 PM

all this does is show the blue screen of death instead of restarting.
doesnt solve the problem. only helps to see what driver or other is
causing the problem.

Darrell wrote:
> Navigate to Control Panel/Performance and Maintenace/System. Click on the
> Advanced tab, Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings. Under System
> Failure, remove the check for Automatically Restart.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:38:11 PM

k, thx a lot for all ur help guys imma try everything u just told me, i also
thought it wuz cuz of the heat bcuz it never used to do this b4 summer,
anywayz, thx again all
--
str33trul3r

"cycomiko" wrote:

> i would also upgrade to latest graphics drivers just as a long shot.
> but i think Bob I is on the money. bad memory is the most likely
> culprit.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:46:07 PM

If it just goes black and restarts I would consider a heat related
problem or bad memory. Pop the cover and see if the fans are working and
no big dust build up. Download and run "memtest86" to check memory.

str33trul3r wrote:

> I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
> my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
> net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
> nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
> surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
> wich obviously didnt help, help plz
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:18:17 PM

"cycomiko" <kolovos@gmail.com> wrote:

>all this does is show the blue screen of death instead of restarting.
>doesnt solve the problem. only helps to see what driver or other is
>causing the problem.

And when you know that then you can solve the problem.

Or you can post the information from the BSOD back here and get some
help with it.

Good luck.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:45:57 PM

And that's a real good place to start, because it gives you a hint of what's
causing the problem. Otherwise the only thing anyone can do is guess what
the problem is, and it could be anything from failing hardware to bad
drivers to overheating.

!