My comp restarts for no reason

I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
wich obviously didnt help, help plz
--
str33trul3r
8 answers Last reply

    by the way people, plz dont mind the spelling mistakes;)
    --
    str33trul3r

    "str33trul3r" wrote:

    > I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
    > my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
    > net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
    > nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
    > surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
    > wich obviously didnt help, help plz
    > --
    > str33trul3r

    Navigate to Control Panel/Performance and Maintenace/System. Click on the
    Advanced tab, Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings. Under System
    Failure, remove the check for Automatically Restart.

    "str33trul3r" wrote:

    > by the way people, plz dont mind the spelling mistakes;)
    > --
    > str33trul3r
    >

    > "str33trul3r" wrote:
    >
    > > I really need help on this one... k chek.... im playing a full screen game..
    > > my comp restarts, im burning music... my comp restarts, im surfin on the
    > > net... my comp restarts.. i am a kid who doesnt have that much patience or
    > > nerves and it annoys me to have to c this happen while im playin a game,
    > > surfin, or burnin music... som1 plz help me, i tried everything i thought of,
    > > wich obviously didnt help, help plz
    > > --
    > > str33trul3r

    i would also upgrade to latest graphics drivers just as a long shot.
    but i think Bob I is on the money. bad memory is the most likely
    culprit.

    all this does is show the blue screen of death instead of restarting.
    doesnt solve the problem. only helps to see what driver or other is
    causing the problem.

    Darrell wrote:
    > Navigate to Control Panel/Performance and Maintenace/System. Click on the
    > Advanced tab, Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings. Under System
    > Failure, remove the check for Automatically Restart.

    k, thx a lot for all ur help guys imma try everything u just told me, i also
    thought it wuz cuz of the heat bcuz it never used to do this b4 summer,
    anywayz, thx again all
    --
    str33trul3r

    "cycomiko" wrote:

    > i would also upgrade to latest graphics drivers just as a long shot.
    > but i think Bob I is on the money. bad memory is the most likely
    > culprit.

    If it just goes black and restarts I would consider a heat related
    problem or bad memory. Pop the cover and see if the fans are working and
    no big dust build up. Download and run "memtest86" to check memory.

    "cycomiko" <kolovos@gmail.com> wrote:

    >all this does is show the blue screen of death instead of restarting.
    >doesnt solve the problem. only helps to see what driver or other is
    >causing the problem.

    And when you know that then you can solve the problem.

    Or you can post the information from the BSOD back here and get some
    help with it.

    Good luck.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    And that's a real good place to start, because it gives you a hint of what's
    causing the problem. Otherwise the only thing anyone can do is guess what
    the problem is, and it could be anything from failing hardware to bad
    drivers to overheating.

    "cycomiko" <kolovos@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > all this does is show the blue screen of death instead of restarting.
    > doesnt solve the problem. only helps to see what driver or other is
    > causing the problem.
    >
    > Darrell wrote:
    >> Navigate to Control Panel/Performance and Maintenace/System. Click on
    >> the
    >> Advanced tab, Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings. Under System
    >> Failure, remove the check for Automatically Restart.

Games Music Windows XP