DEAR LORD I DELETED MY DATA PARTITION!!!

I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!

Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
21 answers Last reply
More about dear lord deleted data partition

    Umm... System Restore maybe?
    --
    str33trul3r

    "Kartinsky" wrote:

    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    if that stuff was impotant to you, like you needed it to save your life....
    If I were you, I would probably start nailing a coffin together.

    "str33trul3r" wrote:

    > Umm... System Restore maybe?
    > --
    > str33trul3r
    >

    > "Kartinsky" wrote:
    >
    > > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    > >
    > > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
    restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
    and it didn't help.

    The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
    partition disk.
    I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
    something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
    information?!

    Please help!

    "str33trul3r" wrote:

    > Umm... System Restore maybe?
    > --
    > str33trul3r
    >

    > "Kartinsky" wrote:
    >
    > > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    > >
    > > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    Contact Ontrack

    http://www.ontrack.com/

    Send your hard drive and get your data.
    Sure, it will cost you. But at least you can get your data back!

    Good Luck!

    "Kartinsky" <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
    > restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
    > and it didn't help.
    >
    > The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
    > partition disk.
    > I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
    > something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
    > information?!
    >
    > Please help!
    >

    > "str33trul3r" wrote:
    >
    >> Umm... System Restore maybe?
    >> --
    >> str33trul3r
    >>

    >> "Kartinsky" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    >> > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    >> > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >> >
    >> > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    >> > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    >> > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
    |>restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
    |>and it didn't help.
    |>
    |>The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
    |>partition disk.
    |>I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
    |>something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
    |>information?!
    |>
    |>Please help!

    Download Hiren's BootCD 6.0 http://tinyurl.com/cup72 burn the ISO to a
    CD and boot up with it. There are utilities available that can help
    you out.

    You don't need the keyboard patch if US.
    ----
    Did you install your HD with a floppy disk (install disk)? if so there
    is a copy of your partition info save'd by it.

    That looks helpful. Thank you.

    "Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov" wrote:

    > Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > |>I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
    > |>restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
    > |>and it didn't help.
    > |>
    > |>The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
    > |>partition disk.
    > |>I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
    > |>something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
    > |>information?!
    > |>
    > |>Please help!
    >
    > Download Hiren's BootCD 6.0 http://tinyurl.com/cup72 burn the ISO to a
    > CD and boot up with it. There are utilities available that can help
    > you out.
    >
    > You don't need the keyboard patch if US.
    > ----
    > Did you install your HD with a floppy disk (install disk)? if so there
    > is a copy of your partition info save'd by it.

    A couple possible repairs listed here
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=restore+partition

    Kartinsky wrote:

    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    Search the web for the program Easy Recovery.
    If the disk is OK you'll find easily your lost data!!

    Jim

    Kartinsky wrote:
    > I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in
    > the boot sector or something.

    You are correct. That is all that's happened and you should be able to get
    everything back, as long as you don't do anything foolish with that area of
    the disk (like, create a new partition).

    > Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous
    > partition information?!

    Yes. Someone familiar with the partition table layout could fix this with
    direct editing (I've done that before), but you will probably prefer
    something automated. This looks pretty good:

    http://www.partition-recovery.com/quest1.htm

    That, by the way, was the top Google hit for "deleted partition recovery" --
    if it doesn't perform to your satisfaction, try some others.

    --
    Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)

    There's really no excuse for not using google, but i was too panicy, and
    uncertain of what would help. Thank you.

    Kartinsky wrote:
    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i
    > accidentaly deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a
    > badly marked flash drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no
    > backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
    > wasn't working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please
    > tell me it's just somehow marked as not there or something! How can i
    > get it back?!

    Doesn't God have enough problems with the "Christian" right making a
    mockery of her message, to spend time on some moron playing with virtual
    fire, and getting himself burnt?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    >deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    >drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    >Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    >working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    >somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    Try MBRWORK from the free downloads section at http://www.bootitng.com

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    "str33trul3r" <str33trul3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Umm... System Restore maybe?

    Nope - That won't restore data anyway and I'm fairly sure it won't even LOOK
    at partitions......

    yep, Gordon's rite. If you needed the info as a lifesaver..... A stained
    mahogany would make a nice coffin....

    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i
    > accidentaly deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a
    > badly marked flash drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no
    > backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
    > wasn't working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please
    > tell me it's just somehow marked as not there or something! How can i
    > get it back?!

    If you've deleted the partition I'm very much afraid you are well and truly
    f****d.

    Rule no 1 of computing - BACKUP!
    Rule no 2 of computing - there are no more rules.

    Sorry.

    Kartinsky
    Partition Magic 8 will restore deleted partitions using the "undelete tool".
    I bought my copy from Powerquest, it is now marketed by Symantec. I have
    used it successfully in a case like yours.

    www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/ -

    --
    Uncle John

    Uncle John is right, Partition Magic will do the trick. But if you do not
    want to spend too much money ($0.00) you can get program called Part.exe
    from http://www.ranish.com/ call Ranish partition manager. It only runs from
    DOS.

    --
    Pavel

    "Uncle John" <unclejohn@uselesnospam.com> wrote in message
    > Kartinsky
    > Partition Magic 8 will restore deleted partitions using the "undelete
    > tool". I bought my copy from Powerquest, it is now marketed by Symantec. I
    > have used it successfully in a case like yours.
    >
    > www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/ -
    >

    > --
    > Uncle John

    Acronis Disk Manager has a partition recovery system as well. Of course it
    is not free.

    In article <2E669548-5FE4-485E-A6E3-A5FF17DB9C81@microsoft.com>,
    Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

    I've done this once, with a mirrored set - broke the mirror improperly
    and lost the partitions.

    What I did to recover it was recreate the partition, but don't format
    it.

    I downloaded Undelete and ran it, it found the partition and recovered
    all the file - the problem was that since the fat was gone, there were
    no file names, so I ended up with recovered_file_001.xyz - it was able
    to determine all proper file types/extensions, so that was good, but I
    had more than 40,000 jpg files in more than 100 folders - it recovered
    everything in a single folder as it could not create folders since the
    fat was gone.

    I don't know of any other way to recover a deleted partition.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    http://www.r-tt.com/

    Their software should do flash drives as well, you'll have to pay more than
    just homage to the lord to recover that one. By the way God is dead, his
    pity for you killed him...

    - Winux P

    "Kartinsky" <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
    > wasn't
    > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's
    > just
    > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
    problem.The software provides very useful functions:
    Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
    partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
    rebuild mbr,etc.

    First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
    Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

    Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",
    then choose "Interactive" mode.

    See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com

    "Kartinsky" wrote:

    > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
    > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
    > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
    >
    > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
    > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
    > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

Partition Windows XP