DEAR LORD I DELETED MY DATA PARTITION!!!

August 10, 2005 12:21:03 PM

I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!

Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:26:46 PM

Umm... System Restore maybe?
--
str33trul3r

"Kartinsky" wrote:

> I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
> working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
> somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:32:40 PM

if that stuff was impotant to you, like you needed it to save your life....
If I were you, I would probably start nailing a coffin together.

"str33trul3r" wrote:

> Umm... System Restore maybe?
> --
> str33trul3r
>

> "Kartinsky" wrote:
>
> > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
> >
> > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
> > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
> > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
August 10, 2005 12:32:47 PM

I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
and it didn't help.

The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
partition disk.
I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
information?!

Please help!

"str33trul3r" wrote:

> Umm... System Restore maybe?
> --
> str33trul3r
>

> "Kartinsky" wrote:
>
> > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
> >
> > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
> > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
> > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
August 10, 2005 12:39:25 PM

Contact Ontrack

http://www.ontrack.com/

Send your hard drive and get your data.
Sure, it will cost you. But at least you can get your data back!

Good Luck!

"Kartinsky" <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
> restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
> and it didn't help.
>
> The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
> partition disk.
> I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
> something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
> information?!
>
> Please help!
>

> "str33trul3r" wrote:
>
>> Umm... System Restore maybe?
>> --
>> str33trul3r
>>

>> "Kartinsky" wrote:
>>
>> > I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
>> > deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
>> > drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>> >
>> > Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
>> > working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
>> > somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:47:00 PM

Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
|>restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
|>and it didn't help.
|>
|>The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
|>partition disk.
|>I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
|>something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
|>information?!
|>
|>Please help!

Download Hiren's BootCD 6.0 http://tinyurl.com/cup72 burn the ISO to a
CD and boot up with it. There are utilities available that can help
you out.

You don't need the keyboard patch if US.
----
Did you install your HD with a floppy disk (install disk)? if so there
is a copy of your partition info save'd by it.

August 10, 2005 1:20:01 PM

That looks helpful. Thank you.

"Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov" wrote:

> Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> |>I've had system restore turned off on that disk. I'm not sure if system
> |>restore even covers things like that, i've never the less tried running it
> |>and it didn't help.
> |>
> |>The partition was a NTFS one covering the whole disk, it was a single
> |>partition disk.
> |>I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in the boot sector or
> |>something. Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous partition
> |>information?!
> |>
> |>Please help!
>
> Download Hiren's BootCD 6.0 http://tinyurl.com/cup72 burn the ISO to a
> CD and boot up with it. There are utilities available that can help
> you out.
>
> You don't need the keyboard patch if US.
> ----
> Did you install your HD with a floppy disk (install disk)? if so there
> is a copy of your partition info save'd by it.

August 10, 2005 2:49:32 PM

A couple possible repairs listed here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=restore+partition

Kartinsky wrote:

> I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
> working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
> somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
August 10, 2005 3:33:30 PM

Search the web for the program Easy Recovery.
If the disk is OK you'll find easily your lost data!!

Jim
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 4:01:25 PM

Kartinsky wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in
> the boot sector or something.

You are correct. That is all that's happened and you should be able to get
everything back, as long as you don't do anything foolish with that area of
the disk (like, create a new partition).

> Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous
> partition information?!

Yes. Someone familiar with the partition table layout could fix this with
direct editing (I've done that before), but you will probably prefer
something automated. This looks pretty good:

http://www.partition-recovery.com/quest1.htm

That, by the way, was the top Google hit for "deleted partition recovery" --
if it doesn't perform to your satisfaction, try some others.

--
Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)
Anonymous

There's really no excuse for not using google, but i was too panicy, and
uncertain of what would help. Thank you.

"Chris Priede" wrote:

> Kartinsky wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure it's somehow marked as unexistant in
> > the boot sector or something.
>
> You are correct. That is all that's happened and you should be able to get
> everything back, as long as you don't do anything foolish with that area of
> the disk (like, create a new partition).
>
> > Is a there's a way to undelete/recover the previous
> > partition information?!
>
> Yes. Someone familiar with the partition table layout could fix this with
> direct editing (I've done that before), but you will probably prefer
> something automated. This looks pretty good:
>
> http://www.partition-recovery.com/quest1.htm
>
> That, by the way, was the top Google hit for "deleted partition recovery" --
> if it doesn't perform to your satisfaction, try some others.
>

> --
> Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:13:15 PM

Kartinsky wrote:
> I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i
> accidentaly deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a
> badly marked flash drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no
> backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
> wasn't working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please
> tell me it's just somehow marked as not there or something! How can i
> get it back?!

Doesn't God have enough problems with the "Christian" right making a
mockery of her message, to spend time on some moron playing with virtual
fire, and getting himself burnt?

--
Peace!
Kurt

Kartinsky <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
>deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
>drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>
>Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
>working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
>somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

Try MBRWORK from the free downloads section at http://www.bootitng.com

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
August 10, 2005 8:30:34 PM

"str33trul3r" <str33trul3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Umm... System Restore maybe?

Nope - That won't restore data anyway and I'm fairly sure it won't even LOOK
at partitions......
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 8:30:35 PM

yep, Gordon's rite. If you needed the info as a lifesaver..... A stained
mahogany would make a nice coffin....

"Gordon" wrote:

> "str33trul3r" <str33trul3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Umm... System Restore maybe?
> >

> Nope - That won't restore data anyway and I'm fairly sure it won't even LOOK
> at partitions......

August 10, 2005 8:31:53 PM

> I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i
> accidentaly deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a
> badly marked flash drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no
> backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
> wasn't working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please
> tell me it's just somehow marked as not there or something! How can i
> get it back?!

If you've deleted the partition I'm very much afraid you are well and truly
f****d.

Rule no 1 of computing - BACKUP!
Rule no 2 of computing - there are no more rules.

Sorry.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:49:49 PM

Kartinsky
Partition Magic 8 will restore deleted partitions using the "undelete tool".
I bought my copy from Powerquest, it is now marketed by Symantec. I have
used it successfully in a case like yours.

www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/ -

--
Uncle John
August 10, 2005 9:49:50 PM

Uncle John is right, Partition Magic will do the trick. But if you do not
want to spend too much money ($0.00) you can get program called Part.exe
from http://www.ranish.com/ call Ranish partition manager. It only runs from
DOS.

--
Pavel

"Uncle John" <unclejohn@uselesnospam.com> wrote in message
> Kartinsky
> Partition Magic 8 will restore deleted partitions using the "undelete
> tool". I bought my copy from Powerquest, it is now marketed by Symantec. I
> have used it successfully in a case like yours.
>
> www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/ -
>

> --
> Uncle John

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:49:50 PM

Acronis Disk Manager has a partition recovery system as well. Of course it
is not free.

"Uncle John" <unclejohn@uselesnospam.com> wrote in message
> Kartinsky
> Partition Magic 8 will restore deleted partitions using the "undelete
> tool". I bought my copy from Powerquest, it is now marketed by Symantec. I
> have used it successfully in a case like yours.
>
> www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/ -
>

> --
> Uncle John

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:52:40 PM

In article <2E669548-5FE4-485E-A6E3-A5FF17DB9C81@microsoft.com>,
Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk wasn't
> working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's just
> somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!

I've done this once, with a mirrored set - broke the mirror improperly
and lost the partitions.

What I did to recover it was recreate the partition, but don't format
it.

I downloaded Undelete and ran it, it found the partition and recovered
all the file - the problem was that since the fat was gone, there were
no file names, so I ended up with recovered_file_001.xyz - it was able
to determine all proper file types/extensions, so that was good, but I
had more than 40,000 jpg files in more than 100 folders - it recovered
everything in a single folder as it could not create folders since the
fat was gone.

I don't know of any other way to recover a deleted partition.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

http://www.r-tt.com/

Their software should do flash drives as well, you'll have to pay more than
just homage to the lord to recover that one. By the way God is dead, his
pity for you killed him...

- Winux P

"Kartinsky" <Kartinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was fiddling with my usb flash drive in disk management and i accidentaly
> deleted my data partition! I thought i was deleting a badly marked flash
> drive sector! All my data was on it, i have no backups!
>
> Please tell me there's an easy way to rectify this! Please! The disk
> wasn't
> working it didn't sound like data was being deleted please tell me it's
> just
> somehow marked as not there or something! How can i get it back?!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:42:02 PM

I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
problem.The software provides very useful functions:
Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
rebuild mbr,etc.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",
then choose "Interactive" mode.

See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm