start => documents => list of files => how to manage this ..

The most recent documents list shows up when I click on 'Start' and click on
'Documents'. In Windows 2000 profressional, I was able to right click on
entries on ths list and delete them to keep this list lean and mean. But for
some reason, I am not able to do that in XP Professional. The right clicking
on the list entry has no effect. Can someone help me find a solution? Thank
you.

Right click on the taskbar go to properties, click on start menu tab, click
on customize and then clear button.

"Jay87" wrote:

> The most recent documents list shows up when I click on 'Start' and click on
> 'Documents'. In Windows 2000 profressional, I was able to right click on
> entries on ths list and delete them to keep this list lean and mean. But for
> some reason, I am not able to do that in XP Professional. The right clicking
> on the list entry has no effect. Can someone help me find a solution? Thank
> you.

Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307875

BTW, to enable right-click functionality in the Start Menu, enable the
option "Enable dragging and dropping" in Start Menu properties.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Jay87" <Jay87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The most recent documents list shows up when I click on 'Start' and click
> on
> 'Documents'. In Windows 2000 profressional, I was able to right click on
> entries on ths list and delete them to keep this list lean and mean. But
> for
> some reason, I am not able to do that in XP Professional. The right
> clicking
> on the list entry has no effect. Can someone help me find a solution?
> Thank
> you.

"Jay87" <Jay87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The most recent documents list shows up when I click on 'Start' and click
> on
> 'Documents'. In Windows 2000 profressional, I was able to right click on
> entries on ths list and delete them to keep this list lean and mean. But
> for
> some reason, I am not able to do that in XP Professional. The right
> clicking
> on the list entry has no effect. Can someone help me find a solution?
> Thank
> you.

Right Click on the Taskbar => Properties => Start Menu => Customize =>
Enable dragging and dropping

Borak
http://provisioning.blogspot.com