Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Web url shortcut on desktop doesn't work??

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Microsoft
  • Favorites
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
August 10, 2005 3:58:33 PM

I used to drag an url from Favorites in Internet Explorer
onto desktop and have a very fast way of getting to a web
site.

Now when I click on the icon, it says no association.

How to fix??

Thanks,
Lyn

More about : web url shortcut desktop work

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:40:00 AM

Lyn,

Click Start, Run and type the following command and press Enter.

REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW.DLL

If that does not help, proceed further.

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL INETCPL.CPL
Click Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab
Click Reset Web Settings button, press Yes
Click OK and close the dialog

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org