Web url shortcut on desktop doesn't work??

I used to drag an url from Favorites in Internet Explorer
onto desktop and have a very fast way of getting to a web
site.

Now when I click on the icon, it says no association.

How to fix??

Thanks,
Lyn
1 answer Last reply
More about shortcut desktop doesn work

    Lyn,

    Click Start, Run and type the following command and press Enter.

    REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW.DLL

    If that does not help, proceed further.

    Click Start, Run and type CONTROL INETCPL.CPL
    Click Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab
    Click Reset Web Settings button, press Yes
    Click OK and close the dialog

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I used to drag an url from Favorites in Internet Explorer
    > onto desktop and have a very fast way of getting to a web
    > site.
    >
    > Now when I click on the icon, it says no association.
    >
    > How to fix??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lyn

Desktops Microsoft Favorites Internet Windows XP