Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Powershot A570. Long wait between pictures

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 30, 2009 5:16:11 PM

I have a Canon Powershot A570 with a 4GB Lexar SDHC (it does not specify as being "high speed". I believe is is a class 2 card).

When we take a picture, the preview of the picture pops up almost immediately. However, if we want to take another picture right afterwards, we have to wait 2-3 seconds while a little red light flashes. Could this be because the Lexar SDHC card is taking a long time to write? I had read that the internal memory should allow you to take a couple pictures right away without having to write to the SD card, but is that only in burst mode?

I just bought the card on sale for $10 because my old 1GB walmart brand SD card was constantly getting filled up. The same thing was happening with the old card.

I was thinking of buying a new dSLR camera, but I wondered if the issue was needing a high speed SD card. Any thoughts?

Best solution

Anonymous
December 30, 2009 6:49:17 PM

If you are using flash it might be the batteries.

I'm assuming AA cells -- if using rechargeables maybe they are on the way out. Try some regular non-recharge Duracells and see if the problem is less pronounced.

Generally this is a rather good camera and I would hesitate to replace it.
January 11, 2010 12:48:48 AM

Quote:
If you are using flash it might be the batteries.

I'm assuming AA cells -- if using rechargeables maybe they are on the way out. Try some regular non-recharge Duracells and see if the problem is less pronounced.

Generally this is a rather good camera and I would hesitate to replace it.

I didn't get this reply until I had found the answer myself...but yup, it was the flash recycle time! I am using REALLY good AA batteries (Energizer Lithium). If I disable flash, bingo! I can manually set the flash to 1/3 and 2/3 power and reduce the charge time, but that requires shooting in manual mode, which my wife won't do.

Thanks!
m
l
!