Integrated 5.1 Channel Audio question

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If I order a dell 4700, can I use the integrated sound (Integrated 5.1
Channel Audio) to run the Dell A425 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with
Subwoofer or do I need a additional sound card? And if have to order
a sound card, say the Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ Audio
card, will it allow me to use Pinnacle Studio to edit video and audio?

I read on their sound card chart that only the audigy card allows
video editing? Am I reading that right (under sound card help)? I
would think no sound card is necessary for video editing?

thanks.

The 425 speakers will work fine with the integrated audio. I have used that
exact setup and my wife's 2400 is running the 425 speakers with the
integrated sound.

Regards,
John O.

<Rob> wrote in message news:6mun811unenloijrheags21icfgu4dgcse@4ax.com...
> If I order a dell 4700, can I use the integrated sound (Integrated 5.1
> Channel Audio) to run the Dell A425 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with
> Subwoofer or do I need a additional sound card? And if have to order
> a sound card, say the Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HDT Audio
> card, will it allow me to use Pinnacle Studio to edit video and audio?
>
> I read on their sound card chart that only the audigy card allows
> video editing? Am I reading that right (under sound card help)? I
> would think no sound card is necessary for video editing?
>
> thanks.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 19 May 2005 06:36:18 -0400, "John O" <jo@nospam.ca> wrote:

>The 425 speakers will work fine with the integrated audio. I have used that
>exact setup and my wife's 2400 is running the 425 speakers with the
>integrated sound.
>
>Regards,
>John O.

thanks John for the info.