In the past I would recommend freeware like Recuva, however it is no more free. I checked its website and then found It has buy button on its product page.
Under such case, I think the following software worth your trial since there are no much free good program, and you need to test each program to see whether that would work for you or not. Just buy those who can really sees your lost photos.
Thank you for your recommended data recovery freeware.
In fact, a few days ago, my WD flash drive also surprisingly became RAW and all of my work files were inaccessible. I thought I had lost them all. However, fortunately, I came across to read this thread and tried your recommended freeware that was easy to use and eventually restores all of my work files back.
Thank you very much!!!!!!!
hi please give me good software to recover my RAW files
RAW picture formats for Nikon Digital Cameras include NEF and NRW. What kind of photo format is it for your digital camera? According to Nikon's official website, all Nikon Digital SLR cameras and some Coolpix Cameras support NEF format. Only a few specific Coolpix cameras (such as P7000 and P6000) support NRW format. Therefore, you need to check some documents or directly view pictures and figure out what is the image format before choosing a professional photo recovery tool. Generally, you may come across three kinds of data recovery tools:
(1) Specialized picture recovery tool. Only recover pictures, video and other multimedia files.
(2) Card data recovery tool. Only support card data recovery.
(3) General data recovery tool. It supports a variety of data recovery scenarios.
In selecting data recovery tool, you need to carefully check the “file formats” it supported. Does it support recovering NEF or NRW formats from Nikon digital camera (or memory card)?
To improve the chances of Nikon photo recovery:
(1) Do not take new photos or videos unless you have got back all the lost pictures. This is to avoid missing photos be overwritten and disappeared forever (unrecoverable).
(2) Before any operation, carefully read the software’s user manual.
(3) Save the retrieved pictures to your computer’s hard drive; do not re-save them to the memory card of your Nikon digital camera.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Read discussions in other Digital Camera categories