Dell inspiron 1564 help ac adapter problems

homiedontrightclick

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I have a Dell Inspiron 1564 i3 with 8GB of RAM, and I'm having some problems with what I'm assuming is the power port on the motherboard. When I plug in the AC adapter, I get an error message that says "WARNING: The AC adapter typer cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance. Please check AC adapter is connected properly, remove AC adapter and plug it in again, thanks.

There are options to continue(F1), Enter Setup(F2), and to enter the Boot Menu

My warranty is obviously up. I'm wondering first if anyone else has had this problem. If you have, or if you have dealt with this before I could really use some help. I was looking around the net and I read that there is a small piece that can be removed from the motherboard and replaced relatively easy. Has anyone had to do this before? Whats the name of the piece? Where can I find it? And and all help will be greatly appreciated, as my call to Dell only produced an automated voice telling me I could pay for their tech support.

G

Had the same problem....Once the battery drained, it wont turn on anymore.... I did Bios update shut it down, disconnect the power and battery and switch on the power button for about 30 secs.... return the battery the plug the AC power, switch on.... as of now it is functioning normally..

redheat2010

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Checked in BIOS AC adapter status
Try Known good ac adapter if available. If its working get a new adapter
Update the latest BIOS from Dell support site.
If issue persists get Motherboard and DC-In port replaced.....

TRENDING THREADS