Sign in with
Your question

Should i get a netbook?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 10, 2010 8:06:37 PM

I found a nice HP mini that I really like and its for a decent price. Im just looking for opinions on if I should get it. It is still a good amount of money, and i always wanted one. But i have a laptop, but it has a 17" screen so its not very mobile, with the carrying case + charger it gets pretty heave and hard to carry around.

More about : netbook

a b D Laptop
January 11, 2010 11:57:13 AM

Depends on how much you are away from home and what you intend to do with it.
A netbook would defiantly be more mobile than a 17" laptop but it will also be quite a bit more underpowered.
If you intend to use it mainly for school work and surfing the net, it should work just as good.
You just have to ask your self, is it worth the cash to have an underpowered but highly mobile system for you?
January 12, 2010 8:22:13 PM

thats the thing, i love this laptop and i use it when im 10 feet from my desktop watching tv or on a different level, but i just dont like bringing it around. thats what i would use it for. almost definitely not at home. so when i go places, i wont need a huge laptop messenger bag on my side. i could have a lil case for the netbook. so this laptop i have now, is a mobile desktop.
I already found a couple i like, but I dont want to spend that much money if i dont need it.
!