Blue Screen

I have an XP SP2 machine that attempts to load but gets to the Windows XP
screen, reboots then starts over in this loop. If I choose to start with
the last known good config option, I see that the comptuter blue screens but
it reboots so fast that I can not see the details of that screen. Any
suggestions on what to do or how I can stop the computer at the blue screen.

Enrique
4 answers Last reply
More about blue screen

    Try starting Windows in safe mode, but I think that your disk has problem...

    "Enrique" wrote:

    > I have an XP SP2 machine that attempts to load but gets to the Windows XP
    > screen, reboots then starts over in this loop. If I choose to start with
    > the last known good config option, I see that the comptuter blue screens but
    > it reboots so fast that I can not see the details of that screen. Any
    > suggestions on what to do or how I can stop the computer at the blue screen.
    >
    > Enrique

    Okay, I've figured out how to view the blue screen, but now I have a message
    that I can not find in Microsoft support. Please let me know if you have
    any suggestions.
    The error message I'm getting is:

    "Process1_ Initialization_Failed"
    Technical Information:

    ***STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC0000102, 0x0000002, 0x0000000, 0x0000000)

    The only thing close refers to Article ID : 330134 but the Roxio BoBack
    program is not installed on this machine.

    Enrique

    "" wrote:
    > I have an XP SP2 machine that attempts to load but gets to the
    > Windows XP
    > screen, reboots then starts over in this loop. If I choose to
    > start with
    > the last known good config option, I see that the comptuter
    > blue screens but
    > it reboots so fast that I can not see the details of that
    > screen. Any
    > suggestions on what to do or how I can stop the computer at
    > the blue screen.
    >
    > Enrique

    Have you tried booting with safe mode? If not, try that. If that fails
    you will probably have to do a repair install at least.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Blue-Screen-ftopict407125.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1350490

    Hi Enrique,

    As KB 330134 mentioned, the GoBack program is also included with the Norton
    SystemWorks program. Based on my experience, this issue also may occur if
    Recovery Genius is installed. Please check if you installed any Norton
    SystemWorks or Recovery Genius program. If yes, please first remove them.

    If you didn't install either of the programs, I suggest you try following
    steps to see if the computer can boot into operation system:

    1. Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is
    a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any
    windows updates you might need.

    2. Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS
    memory options such as caching or shadowing.

    3. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select
    Safe Mode.

    If the suggestions don't help, please go on.

    Repair Installation
    ===========

    1. Place the Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
    2. If the Windows CD displays the What would you like to do? menu, click
    Exit.
    3. Turn off your computer, wait ten seconds, and then turn your computer
    back on.
    4. If you are prompted to start your computer from the CD, do so.
    5. After Windows XP Setup starts, press ENTER to continue the setup process.
    6. Press ENTER to choose the option "To set up Windows XP now, press
    ENTER". Do not choose the Recovery Console option.
    7. Press F8 to accept the licensing agreement.
    8. At this point, the Setup program will search for previous installations
    of Windows XP.

    - If Setup does not find a previous installation of Windows XP, then
    you might have a hardware failure.
    - If Setup does find a previous installation of Windows XP, then the
    following message will appear:

    If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, setup can try
    to repair it. Use the up and down arrows to select an installation. To
    repair the selected installation Press R. To continue without repairing,
    Press Esc.

    9. Choose the appropriate installation of Windows XP, and then press R to
    attempt to repair it.
    10. Follow the remaining directions on your screen.
    Note: Some updates or drivers may need to be reinstalled after System
    Repair.

    More about repair installation, please link to the
    KB315341: How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

    You may need to reactivate your Windows XP after reinstall, please call the
    number below to speak with a customer service representative to activate
    your Windows XP if the online activation fails.

    Toll free number: 888-571-2048
    Toll number: 716-871-2929

    Hope it helps.

    Regards,