Desktop Status-bar/quick-start blank button won't close

August 10, 2005 2:01:11 PM

How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:22:04 PM

You checked the system for malware yet?

gwbill wrote:

> How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
> that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
> up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:22:05 PM

"Bob I" wrote:

> You checked the system for malware yet?
>
> gwbill wrote:
>
> > How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
> > that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
> > up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
>
> I just did, there was one that I removed. I hope that does it, but it's one I've seen before without the extra blank button problem so I'm not overly confident. Thanks for the reply.
August 10, 2005 7:28:20 PM

You may want to peek in Taskmanager for "interesting" entries when that
happens again.

gwbill wrote:

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>You checked the system for malware yet?
>>
>>gwbill wrote:
>>

>>>How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
>>>that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
>>>up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
>>
>>I just did, there was one that I removed. I hope that does it, but it's one I've seen before without the extra blank button problem so I'm not overly confident. Thanks for the reply.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:28:21 PM

That's the first place I went. Nothing there. Thanks again.

!