Desktop Status-bar/quick-start blank button won't close

How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop status quick start blank button close

    You checked the system for malware yet?

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > You checked the system for malware yet?
    >
    > gwbill wrote:
    >
    > > How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
    > > that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
    > > up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
    >
    > I just did, there was one that I removed. I hope that does it, but it's one I've seen before without the extra blank button problem so I'm not overly confident. Thanks for the reply.

    You may want to peek in Taskmanager for "interesting" entries when that
    happens again.

    gwbill wrote:

    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>You checked the system for malware yet?
    >>
    >>gwbill wrote:
    >>

    >>>How do I get rid of a blank button on my desktop status bar (the lower bar)
    >>>that appears along with other open program buttons? Every so often it shows
    >>>up and I haven't been able to close it without rebooting. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >>I just did, there was one that I removed. I hope that does it, but it's one I've seen before without the extra blank button problem so I'm not overly confident. Thanks for the reply.

    That's the first place I went. Nothing there. Thanks again.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > You may want to peek in Taskmanager for "interesting" entries when that
    > happens again.
    >
    > gwbill wrote:
    >

    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >

    > >>You checked the system for malware yet?

    > >>I just did, there was one that I removed. I hope that does it, but it's one I've seen before without the extra blank button problem so I'm not overly confident. Thanks for the reply.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP