Windows Updates

August 10, 2005 4:02:17 PM

I have auto update turned on and I am running Media Center 2005. When
Windows checks for updates does it do so every time I access the Internet or
does it just check for updates periodically? I know that there are new
security updates available, but Windows is not downloading them. Why?

More about : windows updates

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:18:57 PM

There are 3 settings for WU. With one of them, Windows checks for updates
and informs you of them, but does not download or install until you tell it
to. Is it possible that's the option you've chosen?

"Lori" <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have auto update turned on and I am running Media Center 2005. When
>Windows checks for updates does it do so every time I access the Internet
>or does it just check for updates periodically? I know that there are new
>security updates available, but Windows is not downloading them. Why?

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:14:01 AM

Check the settings of Automatic update.[Right click on My
Computer|Properties|Automaic Updates.

see:-
'How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP'
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306525

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!