Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Input Lag on T240HD?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 31, 2009 1:30:05 PM

Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade my monitor. I currently have a 19" Dell Ultrasharp - great monitor but I want to upgrade - so I'm moving to a 24" monitor. I use my system for gaming and watching DVD's (amongnst other things) - and I do have a Cable hookup nearby so I was thinking of getting a monitor that had a TV tuner built-in.
Thus, I came across the T240HD. Seems to fit the bill and got pretty good writeups - except for the fact that on some write ups I see it noted as having high input lag. Thats on some - others say it has none. I found one good site that showed about 2 frames (33ms) of input lag - which seems alot to me. But all the conflicting info has got me scratching my head. Does anyone know for sure if this monitor does infact have this much lag? Does it really make a difference if it does have it??

Any other good suggestions for a 24" monitor (TN is fine - my viewing is generally straight on). I'd like to game at 1920x1200 res and my budget is up to $350 US.

Thanks and regards,
Sdrac

More about : input lag t240hd

January 4, 2010 12:02:43 AM

sdrac said:
Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade my monitor. I currently have a 19" Dell Ultrasharp - great monitor but I want to upgrade - so I'm moving to a 24" monitor. I use my system for gaming and watching DVD's (amongnst other things) - and I do have a Cable hookup nearby so I was thinking of getting a monitor that had a TV tuner built-in.
Thus, I came across the T240HD. Seems to fit the bill and got pretty good writeups - except for the fact that on some write ups I see it noted as having high input lag. Thats on some - others say it has none. I found one good site that showed about 2 frames (33ms) of input lag - which seems alot to me. But all the conflicting info has got me scratching my head. Does anyone know for sure if this monitor does infact have this much lag? Does it really make a difference if it does have it??

Any other good suggestions for a 24" monitor (TN is fine - my viewing is generally straight on). I'd like to game at 1920x1200 res and my budget is up to $350 US.

Thanks and regards,
Sdrac

Newegg has a Hanns G 28" for 299.99
m
l

Best solution

January 5, 2010 6:27:22 PM

Check out how that monitor rates versus some of the others:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=...

From the input lag test, the T240HD doesn't look so hot. At least according to that sites tests. So take it for what it's worth.
Related resources
January 10, 2010 8:18:39 PM

Thanks Real -
Yes, I had seen that site (thats the one I was refering to that shows the two frames of lag) but others were saying it has negliable input lag.
I think I tend to believe this though. I'm focuing now on plain vanilla monitors, mostly TN based, that have low input lag and good response times.
If I want a tuner, I think I'll just get one for the PC and do it that way.

Sdrac

real world said:
Check out how that monitor rates versus some of the others:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=...

From the input lag test, the T240HD doesn't look so hot. At least according to that sites tests. So take it for what it's worth.

m
l
January 21, 2010 4:37:19 AM

You decide on a monitor or what are you looking at now? I'm in the market for a new 24 inch monitor. I am thinking of going 1920 x 1200 as well.
m
l
!