Encarta question/info

August 10, 2005 2:35:04 PM

is this homework curriculum guide included in "Encarta 2006 Premium"? Or do I
have to buy it or what...? And what do you mean about the update service? Its
like a one year subscription, and once the year is up (or a certain time
period) I have to get the next years version of encarta to keep the news
updates coming? Thnx. again in advance.

"beamish" wrote:

> Hello, I have Encarta2005. There is a update function, I assume that this
> will continue into 2006 etc., not unlike other programs Microsoft sells.
> The updates "once or twice a month" contain current items but not like a
> news service.
> One item is "Homework Curriculum Guide" this works as stated in your post
> and a new feature from last update, called "Encarta Kids".
> For the price "which can include a rebate" it is a unblievable value.
> take care.beamish.
>
> "thunderstruck_302" wrote:
>
> > I watched an episode of the vancouver based "Dotto's Data Cafe", and was
> > introduced to some Microsoft encyclopedia program (it was on cd, not the web
> > based version). I am interested in this program for myself but I am not sure
> > what the program is exactly. When the show originally aired, i think it was
> > around 2003 or something like that. It included a feature, allowing the
> > software to go online and automatically update itself with all the current
> > news. It also included a feature for viewing the curriculum for all
> > kindergarden to grade 12 students, so that you can click a grade, then click
> > a subject that will be taught in that grade.
> > Unfortunatly this is all I remmber about the product. I am quite sure that
> > Microsoft has only one kind of encylopedia program (but i could be wrong, i
> > dont know), and it is encarta. But if this program auomatically updates
> > itself with all the news, why does encarta have an update every here that you
> > buy? Like, I know there is encarta 2006 now.... I plan on purchasing the
> > program, but I want it to last a few years, not just one year... Please help
> > ASAP. thnx in advance.

More about : encarta question info

August 11, 2005 12:39:58 AM

thunderstruck_302 wrote:

> is this homework curriculum guide included in "Encarta 2006 Premium"? Or do I
> have to buy it or what...? And what do you mean about the update service? Its
> like a one year subscription, and once the year is up (or a certain time
> period) I have to get the next years version of encarta to keep the news
> updates coming? Thnx. again in advance.
>
> "beamish" wrote:
>

>>Hello, I have Encarta2005. There is a update function, I assume that this
>>will continue into 2006 etc., not unlike other programs Microsoft sells.
>>The updates "once or twice a month" contain current items but not like a
>>news service.
>>One item is "Homework Curriculum Guide" this works as stated in your post
>>and a new feature from last update, called "Encarta Kids".
>>For the price "which can include a rebate" it is a unblievable value.
>>take care.beamish.
>>
>>"thunderstruck_302" wrote:
>>

>>>I watched an episode of the vancouver based "Dotto's Data Cafe", and was
>>>introduced to some Microsoft encyclopedia program (it was on cd, not the web
>>>based version). I am interested in this program for myself but I am not sure
>>>what the program is exactly. When the show originally aired, i think it was
>>>around 2003 or something like that. It included a feature, allowing the
>>>software to go online and automatically update itself with all the current
>>>news. It also included a feature for viewing the curriculum for all
>>>kindergarden to grade 12 students, so that you can click a grade, then click
>>>a subject that will be taught in that grade.
>>>Unfortunatly this is all I remmber about the product. I am quite sure that
>>>Microsoft has only one kind of encylopedia program (but i could be wrong, i
>>>dont know), and it is encarta. But if this program auomatically updates
>>>itself with all the news, why does encarta have an update every here that you
>>>buy? Like, I know there is encarta 2006 now.... I plan on purchasing the
>>>program, but I want it to last a few years, not just one year... Please help
>>>ASAP. thnx in advance.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/encarta/newsgroups.ms...
Take the tour and if that doesn't answer your questions join their
newsgroup.
!