Help: Dell AIO 962 and Netgear PS121 print server.

I have a Dell AIO 962 and Netgear PS121 print server.
They are both brand new.
I tested and verified that the printer works properly by directly connecting
it my PC (Dell Dimension 3000 running XP home).
I tested and verified that the Ethernet port, where the printer server is
connected to, is working properly, too.
Afterward, I connected the print server to my home network and the printer
to the print server.

On Netgear's 'Print Server Setup Wizard,' the print server shows up with an
expected and reasonable IP address. However, when I click "next," after a
minute or so, it comes back with an error message "Network Busy, or Device
not found."

What is the root cause for this error?
I can not proceed until it is resolved.

In general, does a printer server (a relatively low/mid range) work with a
multi-function all-in-one printer?

Any help would be appreciated.

"JKC" <jkcjkcjkc@yahoo.REMOVETHIS.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell AIO 962 and Netgear PS121 print server.
> They are both brand new.
> I tested and verified that the printer works properly by directly
> connecting
> it my PC (Dell Dimension 3000 running XP home).
> I tested and verified that the Ethernet port, where the printer server is
> connected to, is working properly, too.
> Afterward, I connected the print server to my home network and the printer
> to the print server.
>
> On Netgear's 'Print Server Setup Wizard,' the print server shows up with
> an
> expected and reasonable IP address. However, when I click "next," after a
> minute or so, it comes back with an error message "Network Busy, or Device
> not found."
>
> What is the root cause for this error?
> I can not proceed until it is resolved.
>
> In general, does a printer server (a relatively low/mid range) work with a
> multi-function all-in-one printer?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I would not be surprised if it just won't work. Many low-end All-in-Ones
will not. You will, at least, lose everything except printing.

Just attach it to one of your machines and share it.

Tom