Using Palm without Administrative rights to workstation.

October 22, 2004 9:20:59 AM

Can a Palm synch without Administrative rights to workstation? We have
tried it on Windows 2000 and it doesnt work.

GE
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 7:04:47 PM

On 22 Oct 2004 05:20:59 -0700, GE had this to say...

> Can a Palm synch without Administrative rights to workstation? We have
> tried it on Windows 2000 and it doesnt work.
>
> GE

Give user admin rights, install software, do at least one hotsync to
finish writing the registry, remove admim rights.

If doing a network install, where the files are on a network and not
local, you must give 'network admin rights'.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson