IE6 Javascript Problems

I am having problems in IE6 with with sites that run some Java Script.

I do not have the problems with Firefox.

Thanks for your help,
Michael
3 answers Last reply
More about javascript problems

    "Michael Henderson" <michaelh@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >I am having problems in IE6 with with sites that run some Java Script.
    >
    >I do not have the problems with Firefox.

    That's not very specific. What problems are you having?

    JavaScript can be enabled or disabled in IE in Tools|InternetOptions,
    on the Security tab, I think. (My employer has us locked out of that.)

    It's entirely possible that the web site creator has written a page
    containing script that works on Firefox but not on IE.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java and it still does not work.

    Java VM setting in Internet | OPtions is set to "High Security".

    The major problem that I have is JavaScript that opens up a new window.
    This is even with "Allow Popups" enabled.

    Thanks.

    "Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
    > "Michael Henderson" <michaelh@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I am having problems in IE6 with with sites that run some Java Script.
    >>
    >>I do not have the problems with Firefox.
    >
    > That's not very specific. What problems are you having?
    >
    > JavaScript can be enabled or disabled in IE in Tools|InternetOptions,
    > on the Security tab, I think. (My employer has us locked out of that.)
    >
    > It's entirely possible that the web site creator has written a page
    > containing script that works on Firefox but not on IE.
    >
    > --
    > Tim Slattery
    > MS MVP(DTS)
    > Slattery_T@bls.gov

    "Michael Henderson" <michaelh@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java and it still does not work.
    >
    >Java VM setting in Internet | OPtions is set to "High Security".
    >
    >The major problem that I have is JavaScript that opens up a new window.
    >This is even with "Allow Popups" enabled.

    Now I'm not sure whether you're talking about Java or JavaScript. They
    are two entirely different things. And the pop-up blocker in SP2 is
    something different yet.

    The pop-up blocker will prevent Javascript from opening an unrequested
    IE window. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for new windows opened by
    Flash or Shockwave.

    Javascript is a scripting language that tells the browser to do
    various things in various circumstances (show or hide text, edit stuff
    typed into a form, etc). Java is a full-scale programming language
    that can be used to write many different kinds of programs. In the
    browser context, it's used to write small programs (applets) that run
    in a browser windows. Crossword puzzles, animations, games, all kinds
    of things.

    Installing a Java Virtual Machine and telling the browser to run Java
    applets has nothing to do with Javascript. There's a separate setting
    for that somewhere in the Security tab.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)