Sign in with
Your question
Solved

TurtleBeach X12 Fix - Need Help With Wiring/Soldering Technique

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
July 1, 2012 4:47:44 AM

So the right headphone has stopped working and upon disassembly I found that both the wires that lead to the speaker were snapped from the soldering points. After playing around with the wires I found that I got sound when I put the orange on the right and the red on the left. While I dont think my issue will be with the wiring exactly not working, my issue lies in that the I have to solder those annoying tiny wires that are insulated and i have no idea how to get a good connection.

Best solution

August 24, 2012 3:13:29 AM

huntx23 said:
So the right headphone has stopped working and upon disassembly I found that both the wires that lead to the speaker were snapped from the soldering points. After playing around with the wires I found that I got sound when I put the orange on the right and the red on the left. While I dont think my issue will be with the wiring exactly not working, my issue lies in that the I have to solder those annoying tiny wires that are insulated and i have no idea how to get a good connection.

Apply a dab of solder to your iron then paint it into the tip of the tiny wire. Then you can just solder it to the circuit board or whatever you're attaching it to. I had to repair a set of x12s, it's like fiber optic wires but this method mentioned above does work.
August 24, 2012 4:57:50 AM

Best answer selected by huntx23.
m
l
August 24, 2012 4:59:51 AM

thanks... i ended up doing a mixture technique where i burned the tip of the wire slightly then applied solder which melted away the remainder. then applied to the speaker.
m
l
Related resources
!