Problems installing win xp home edition

hey pple, need help,i trying to install xp on a new hdd....but everytime
after it copied all the file and reboots, it stop and the error is disk read
error.ctl-alt-del to restart and before that was error loading os...wat could
be the problem....any help will be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems installing home edition

    dio666 wrote:

    > hey pple, need help,i trying to install xp on a new hdd....but
    > everytime after it copied all the file and reboots, it stop and the
    > error is disk read error.ctl-alt-del to restart and before that was
    > error loading os...wat could be the problem....any help will be
    > greatly appreciated.

    If you bought the new drive retail, it probably has a diagnostic utility
    on the cd that came with it. If you don't have one, go to the drive
    mftr.'s website and download the utility. You will make a bootable
    floppy or cd with the file. Obviously you need to do this from a
    working computer with an Internet connection. Boot the troubled pc with
    the utility and do a thorough test of the drive. If it fails, replace
    it. Newness of the hardware is irrelevant; I've had hard drives fail
    out of the box before.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell