Sign in with
Your question

LED versus LCD for computer?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 3, 2010 9:36:57 PM

I was looking at a 22" 1080P LED television. I plan on using it as a TV and computer monitor. How does LED compare to LCD when using a computer monitor?
a b x TV
a c 196 C Monitor
January 4, 2010 1:15:44 AM

"LED" HDTV are LCD HDTV with LED backlight instead of florescent backlight.

A PC LCD monitor should generally look better than a HDTV because the pixels are smaller, thus things should look sharper. There are people who are happy to use a HDTV as a monitor because it is "larger".

However, you're looking at a 22 inch "so called LED" HDTV. It will most likely look good enough for you.

There's a lot of things that affects color quality and image quality least of all is LED or florescent backlighting. The most important is the LCD panel technology.

m
l
January 5, 2010 11:19:08 AM

if you can afford it look for RGB LED the very very best, LG do one for around £1100.00, LG W2420R or try HP 24" Dream color £2000.00 with out calibration unit and hood another 300 squids for the privileged, or 24 inch Monitor LaCie 724 LED for around $1799.00 if its in your budget or can you can save a little more? i am. Your looking at a 1 billion + color pallet, I'm waiting for a review on the LG hope tom gets his finger out of his butt and does one soon ( its been out for more than 6 months )
!I would stick with a PC monitor look for connectivity at the rear and bump up to a 24" its the best size to pixel ratio for 2 meters or at arms length look at HP dream color management team as the folks from dream works chose a 24" panel for optimum work flow and ease on eye whilst looking at a screen for long periods of time. if its just a standard LED or LCD the LED runs around 30% cheaper on electric but LCD will give you a more uniform display if you need more help just post below

Box
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2010 11:27:59 AM

if you can afford it look for RGB LED the very very best, LG do one for around £1100.00, LG W2420R or try HP 24" Dream color £2000.00 with out calibration unit and hood another 300 squids for the privileged, or 24 inch Monitor LaCie 724 LED for around $1799.00 if its in your budget or can you can save a little more? i am. Your looking at a 1 billion + color pallet, I'm waiting for a review on the LG hope tom gets his finger out of his butt and does one soon ( its been out for more than 6 months )
!I would stick with a PC monitor look for connectivity at the rear and bump up to a 24" its the best size to pixel ratio for 2 meters or at arms length look at HP dream color management team as the folks from dream works chose a 24" panel for optimum work flow and ease on eye whilst looking at a screen for long periods of time. if its just a standard LED or LCD the LED runs around 30% cheaper on electric but LCD will give you a more uniform display if you need more help just post below

Box
m
l
January 5, 2010 4:59:18 PM

Thanks for all of the info. I've got a limited budget, so I won't be getting a 2000 pound 24" TV at the moment. I'll have to do more research before making my final decision.
m
l
!