Hi all,

I am managing many xp clients that are used as thin clients to connect
to a battery of terminal servers through wan links. They are not part
of a domain.

I was wondering, is there a tool that allow some kind of web based
computer management ? So that I would not need to always connect to it
using rdp and so on ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance and regards.

You could check out Big Brother http://www.bb4.org/ This link is for the
free edition, there is also a professional edition i believe.

What type of management are you trying to do? Is this for your servers or
clients, or both? You might check out pstools from www.sysinternals.com
(specifically psexec) which allows you to have a command line to any computer
that you know the admin credentials, and has file and print sharing enabled.
I find it useful because I can list the computers into a txt file (or enter
them manually) and run scripts on all the computers in my organization, which
is easy for installing programs, changing reg keys, etc...
A few other nice tools in the pstools package...things for checking logged
on users, collecting information such as service pack and os versions, and
much more. All very command line though...no GUI's

One more thing to look at might be everest - i think the home edition is
free but doesn't support domains, so you might be ok. I've never used this
but it was recommended to me at some point in time.

"barabba72@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am managing many xp clients that are used as thin clients to connect
> to a battery of terminal servers through wan links. They are not part
> of a domain.
>
> I was wondering, is there a tool that allow some kind of web based
> computer management ? So that I would not need to always connect to it
> using rdp and so on ?
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks in advance and regards.

I'll have a look at these tools. Thank you very much for your time.

Are you looking for something like http://www.logmein.com?
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows