Your question

Which is the best motherboard among all brands

Tags:
  • OCZ
  • Motherboards
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 4, 2010 12:46:08 PM

I want to buy a motherboard with great performence & features ,Needs your valuable advise. I had already below items:-
xfx geforce 9800GTX Plus,OCZ tripple channel 3 gb(ocz 3x1600
L3GK XMP edition),OCZ Modxstream -pro 700w,CPU core2 quad Q9500.2.83 ,AOC 2434pw 24"HD tft monitor.WD corviergreen 500 gb 32 mb cache,DVD writer Sony optrac 24x,
My earlier MB was found faulty and wants now to purchase a new one.I am a gammer also. I can go for a new CPU also if advised.
Thanks

More about : motherboard brands

January 4, 2010 8:16:29 PM

Asus or Gigabyte - my money goes with Gigabyte but thats my preference.
m
l
January 10, 2010 4:28:27 PM

I've used Asus for my last 3 or 4 system builds. Their motherboards are packed with useful features, and they usually have lots of little added touches that make building your system easier.

Unfortunately, rumor has it their quality control has started to slack a little bit. When I was working at Fry's Electronics last summer I heard a number of horror stories from people looking to replace Asus boards - and my current build has had at least 3 SATA ports die on me, one of which corrupted my primary drive's MBR. Obviously anecdotal evidence should be taken with a grain of salt, but I probably won't go with Asus on my next build.

I used to hate Gigabyte but I've heard they're just about the top of the heap now, so that may be the way to go. Let us know how it turns out either way.
m
l
January 12, 2010 12:31:13 PM

qaslam said:
I want to buy a motherboard with great performence & features ,Needs your valuable advise. I had already below items:-
xfx geforce 9800GTX Plus,OCZ tripple channel 3 gb(ocz 3x1600
L3GK XMP edition),OCZ Modxstream -pro 700w,CPU core2 quad Q9500.2.83 ,AOC 2434pw 24"HD tft monitor.WD corviergreen 500 gb 32 mb cache,DVD writer Sony optrac 24x,
My earlier MB was found faulty and wants now to purchase a new one.I am a gammer also. I can go for a new CPU also if advised.
Thanks

Hi there,

Your config is exactly the same as mine (Except the graphic card as iam having 8400 GS).
My board is Intel DP45SG Extreme , i selected this board becasue i wanna go for a DDR 3 RAM.

I do suggest Intel boards , seems to be robust...

Cheers,
Srikanth
m
l
!