Can you use a Windows 7 Retail disc w/ a OEM license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isandy

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Basically i want to know if i can get a copy of Windows 7 and install it and later use an OEM license? The reason i want to this is to be able to use windows before i get my OEM because i don't like Linux too much..

(If you saw my last post i am sorry. My friend told me i could use his disc.)

Solution
OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.